Menu

Ignore this thread!

DH attended a meeting this morning in his bathrobe.  It really stinks, having to still attend meetings when he is working odd hours for that critical need.  At least the meeting could be conference-called, and was after he got a decent morning's sleep.

• Like 2

:grouphug: Can you take a nap and start over?

I was having a great day and then took a nap. I think that's where I went wrong. I woke up to about 200 ants on my husband's nightstand because of food he left in it. I've been dealing with that for at least an hour. I then dealt with the second diaper explosion and changed Alex's sheets but they're not in the wash because what was in the washer is moldy. Now I have 3 loads of laundry to do, but for now I'm back to the ants.
  • Like 1

I was having a great day and then took a nap. I think that's where I went wrong. I woke up to about 200 ants on my husband's nightstand because of food he left in it. I've been dealing with that for at least an hour. I then dealt with the second diaper explosion and changed Alex's sheets but they're not in the wash because what was in the washer is moldy. Now I have 3 loads of laundry to do, but for now I'm back to the ants.

And the vacuum is broken again.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 3

Exactly the thought that crossed my mind when she said it!

During this morning's class time more packages arrived, including one with a(nother) journal for me and a set of Key To Algebra books.  I am jubilant over the delivery, but my joy over the math books is tempered with just one book being wrong.  Instead of the answer book for the Algebra books 1-4 I received a Key to Geometry answer book for Book 7 of that set.  I have Amazon-emailed the seller to ask how we can swap out just the one book without returning the whole set.

VERY prompt and polite response from the seller.  Basically no, can't just swap out just one book.  Amazon's process makes it quicker and cheaper for all to simply return the set and reorder.  The return is now packaged -- DH will drop it off at UPS on his way to work (he drives right past them).

• Like 2

Left dd17 behind when we went today.  Hit a dead deer on the highway but didn't f*ck up my car and still got to work on time. Had a staff no show again.  4th time in 6 weeks.  Problem is she is good friends with big boss lady so she is not fired yet, but I do have to have a serious talk with her this afternoon.  DD17 is in the better mood now at least.  Got the groceries, turned the beef broth into beef vegetable soup for tonight (on to simmer for rest of day), ate a very yummy green bean and mushroom saute for lunch. Much better day than it started.  Have to head back into work in about 20 minutes, and hoping it goes well too.  Middle 2 have art class tonight and I have tap class.  Last week until after the holidays for most extracurrics.

• Like 6

Pretty good day so far. School is done. I'm about to get moving on a little cooking and some cleaning around here. But right now I'm going through a year's worth of posts by a writer on novel construction and taking notes. All in pursuit of editing my monster come January. I'm halfway. So I figure I'll tackle this number six and then take a break to cook and clean, then get ready for writers' meeting. My arm is killing me from taking notes. The good thing is, I'm learning stuff. Hot chocolate and back to taking notes.

• Like 4

Have you heard of the 17in2017 thing? You're supposed to do 17 things throughout the year. I'm starting a list (and a thread). Wanna join?

1. Learn to cook a signature dish.

2. Improve my handwriting.

3. Be in family pictures.

4. Internet free lent.

5. Visit a national park.

6. Watch a sunrise with the kids.

7. Learn to sing a classic Spanish song.

8. Do 100 pushups without stopping.

9. Run 5 miles without stopping.

10. Leave notes with positive thoughts on random cars (swellmomma's idea).

11. Master the Tai Cheng sequence.

12. Develope a morning and evening yoga routine.

13. Pay off one credit card.

14. Something involving TV. Maybe no TV for 2017. That's what I *should* do.

15. Become better acquainted with the Old Testament.

16. Spend a weekend at the beach.

17. Take a drawing course.

• Like 4

Have you heard of the 17in2017 thing? You're supposed to do 17 things throughout the year. I'm starting a list (and a thread). Wanna join?

4. Internet free lent.

Slashie is not listless.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 10

Dinner is in the oven. Grandma's chicken. The ultimate comfort food. and cheap. And easy. Got a package of chicken legs, dredged and browned them. Put them in my Dutch oven, cut up an onion into rings and laid that over the chicken, liberally sprinkled Paula Deen's house seasoning over all, poured in a cup of water, put the lid on and will bake all afternoon @ 275 degrees. When it's done the meat will be falling-off-the-bones tender, and the drippings will make excellent gravy for both the meat and the mashed potatoes I will make. I like it when dinner is easy.

• Like 8

Krissi is making me hungry.

I have done many things and am very tired. It is frigid outside. Ds has youth group tonight. I will take him so dh can finish grouting the tile in the new basement pantry because the fridge we bought for the new pantry is being delivered tomorrow. I am SO excited to have this pantry. Our kitchen is tiny and has no storage. And we are the house where all friend and family parties are held, so I have many things to store and no where to put them. I will post a pic when it is done.

Anyway, that is why I am braving the cold, even though I would rather snuggle up in bankies and stare at the Christmas tree (which has lights, but still no ornaments:-) But I will use the time to have a drink with a friend, so it will be time well spent.

• Like 6

Krissi is making me hungry.

I have done many things and am very tired. It is frigid outside. Ds has youth group tonight. I will take him so dh can finish grouting the tile in the new basement pantry because the fridge we bought for the new pantry is being delivered tomorrow. I am SO excited to have this pantry. Our kitchen is tiny and has no storage. And we are the house where all friend and family parties are held, so I have many things to store and no where to put them. I will post a pic when it is done.

Anyway, that is why I am braving the cold, even though I would rather snuggle up in bankies and stare at the Christmas tree (which has lights, but still no ornaments:-) But I will use the time to have a drink with a friend, so it will be time well spent.

How long have you been doing TOG?

• Like 2

4. Internet free lent.

make sure you make a layout for it in your BUJO haha.  I have mine listed as resolutions because I had started my list before you had your thread :P

• Like 4

make sure you make a layout for it in your BUJO haha.  I have mine listed as resolutions because I had started my list before you had your thread :p

All of my lists go in there. Other than my BUJO I am listless. Otherwise I lose all of my lists and am therefore listless.

• Like 2

How long have you been doing TOG?

I have always drooled over TOG.  Once upon a time we had a poster on these boards that used TOG with her 2 kids, and she always posted photos of the work they were doing in each 9 week term.  So drool worthy.  But now with only 1 homeschooling, and too much curriculum in my house thanks to my addiction and leaning towards eclectic I can not even consider it, even if I can finally afford it (which I could not do when I was drooling over it haha)

• Like 2

All of my lists go in there. Other than my BUJO I am listless. Otherwise I lose all of my lists and am therefore listless.

Me too.  Funny enough I still have lists everywhere, still working on consolidating.  Like taking bits of what is on my work lists and putting them on stickies to put on my daily lists, to move as needed and most importantly, garbage when done (confidential issues sometimes on lists).  And lists on my phone, and in my purse from when I am out and about and don't have my bujo with me (since it is still mostly new to me).  It's handy having all those receipts in my purse at times lol.  But can't just toss them when cleaning out my purse without double checking whether or not I have written on the backs lol.

• Like 3

4. Internet free lent.

Link to your thread?

• Like 1

I am supposed to me working right now, but it is boring.  And my yummy mushroom/green bean lunch gave me gas.  And it looks like I might have to be the ultimate meanie boss and fire someone today.  Waiting to hear back from big boss lady (lady I have to fire is her friend and hired as a result of that, but you can't just not show up to work, even if you are a good staff when you are here).Big boss lady is int he city so communicating via text about it all (she is usually in charge of hiring and firing, but I am capable even if I don't like making people be out of work right before xmas).  Would have just suspended her but old boss lady put on the last staff incident report lady would be fired if no show again since she is still on probation, and lady signed the form agreeing.  So I am within just cause, but have to confirm with big boss lady.  So instead of doing my work and such I am on here reading posting and replying lol

• Like 5

4. Internet free lent.

Impressive!  But way too engaged for me, lol.  I like the idea of 17 in 2017, except one of my sons has a number theory (all his own!) in which 17 is unlucky.   :lol:

Dinner is in the oven. Grandma's chicken. The ultimate comfort food. and cheap. And easy. Got a package of chicken legs, dredged and browned them. Put them in my Dutch oven, cut up an onion into rings and laid that over the chicken, liberally sprinkled Paula Deen's house seasoning over all, poured in a cup of water, put the lid on and will bake all afternoon @ 275 degrees. When it's done the meat will be falling-off-the-bones tender, and the drippings will make excellent gravy for both the meat and the mashed potatoes I will make. I like it when dinner is easy.

This is easy?  I don't even know what some of those words mean!  

But I am! I'm a listless person with lots of lists!

:lol:

:grouphug:

And the vacuum is broken again.

:grouphug:

I am supposed to me working right now, but it is boring.  And my yummy mushroom/green bean lunch gave me gas.  And it looks like I might have to be the ultimate meanie boss and fire someone today.  Waiting to hear back from big boss lady (lady I have to fire is her friend and hired as a result of that, but you can't just not show up to work, even if you are a good staff when you are here).Big boss lady is int he city so communicating via text about it all (she is usually in charge of hiring and firing, but I am capable even if I don't like making people be out of work right before xmas).  Would have just suspended her but old boss lady put on the last staff incident report lady would be fired if no show again since she is still on probation, and lady signed the form agreeing.  So I am within just cause, but have to confirm with big boss lady.  So instead of doing my work and such I am on here reading posting and replying lol

Either way - not fun.  

• Like 6

I'm sketching out the next several years of school and I'm realizing that I'm not going to be able to do all of the things, and that each of my kids' educations is going to look very different  eye-catching and unique because of how I'm combining them together because of their wide age spreads. Is there no end to momma guilt ingenuity in education?

FTFY.

• Like 6

Not a fun spot to be in.   :grouphug:  :grouphug:

"DD15, shall I bag up some of these cookies for Sensei?  .....  DD15?"

"Oh!  Yes, and yes."

"What?"

"Yes and yes!"

"Yeah?"

"Yup!"

"Ahuh.  You sure?"

"Yes!  And yes!"

• Like 4