Menu

Ignore this thread!

Drink some water.

I figured out I hadn't eaten dinner and while fixing something, I was a bit shaky. Dh had made some fried potatoes with onion, tomato, and green chile so I ate that while watching a season 3 episode of Downton Abbey. I haven't been a great binger, and am still working on this series. Oh, and I drank juice because there was no soda to counteract the fierceness of the hot chile. Which was good because I rarely drink soda but had already drank 8 oz. earlier because of a first round of hot chile at lunch.

• Like 2

I figured out I hadn't eaten dinner and while fixing something, I was a bit shaky. Dh had made some fried potatoes with onion, tomato, and green chile so I ate that while watching a season 3 episode of Downton Abbey. I haven't been a great binger, and am still working on this series. Oh, and I drank juice because there was no soda to counteract the fierceness of the hot chile. Which was good because I rarely drink soda but had already drank 8 oz. earlier because of a first round of hot chile at lunch.

Yeah, water wouldn't help if you hadn't eaten dinner.  :toetap05:

• Like 2

Mysterious lumps on my thyroid. They'll remove half of it so the pathologist can look at them properly and determine if cancerous or not. Cytology was inconclusive once & suspicious the second time.  

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

You know we'll be praying for you, my friend.

• Like 1

You can start them even younger, if you like.  What many people with young kids do when they need to mop is:

1. Sweep the floor well.
  2. Put all kids in swimsuits.
  3. Give them wet towels.
  4. Let them play slip-and-slide all over the floor (requires a really wet floor and preferably no furniture in the way) -- mostly sit-down slip and slide (scooting around on their behinds).
  5. Chase them with a dry mop to sop up the wet and get spots they miss.
  6. Move them to a corner while you finish sopping up.
  7. Take them to the tub, give them clean wet towels or washrags, and let them clean the tub.  (Hey, they are already wet!)  (This can be done on multiple tubs if you have them.)

Helmets optional.   :lol:

(It's a smart aleck, I never clean, booyah!)

Edited by Another Lynn
  • Like 5

And speaking of stomachs, I've been battling something with mine for over a week now. I think it's something I'm eating (maybe bread?), it comes and goes and is not pleasant. It must be an old people thing.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

So, Dancer told me last night that she cares nothing for high school and only wants to do college. Which wouldn't be a problem if I had more confidence she could handle it, and (the big one) more of the classes could fit logically into her high school transcript. She wants the Associates in Culinary Arts at this point. But, as an Associates in Applied Science, and not of Arts, not many things are transferable (to other colleges if she decides on that route later), or even relate to core classes like history. The only things I can pull from that degree are English comp, Prof. Comm., a science lab, and business math. Oh, and the Humanities, Spanish, which she CLEPped.

She's behind in her government class (live on VHG), and basically everything else she's supposed to be doing for me. I expected her to only diligently work on government while taking these baking classes, but continue to make some forward progress in at least English and chemistry. It's not really happening, and she acts like she doesn't care. Well, she admitted she doesn't - for high school at least.

Sigh.

Coffee!! And ever-so-slightly ketchupped because technically this our vacation week.  Enough to remember why I love this little ITT universe. You all make me smile.  

Prayers and hugs, Hornblower.  That's big stuff.  

Mazel tov on the tooth, Slashababy!

Rocky --  your mama did what was best for you, and at great expense to herself.  Give her lots of handsome clean-shaven puppy love. That's an order.  (A gentle-post-op kind of order, but an order nevertheless)

Mopping is too much fun for my 9 year-old boy.  Windexing from a spray bottle is also too much fun.   But toilet scrubbing works, and windex wipes are safe enough for him to handle, too.  Sweeping, laundry sorting, surface-wiping, and cooking also work.  And shed building with dh.  

And also also, nunchucks are an outside toy, and no task is done 'til it's been cleaned-up after!  (I just hollered this IRL.  Hence, the exclamation point.)

And my favoritest little organizational chore tool is a velcro chart I made last month and hung beside the bathroom sink.  Each child flips their own velcro tab (labeled with their name) when they've finished brushing their teeth.  Last one to flip their tab also has to flip the "clean-up" tab, which requires putting away the toothpaste and windex-wiping the mirror and sink (with one wipe only because this is your college fund that pays for them, darlings).  It has been worth it.  No more gobs of toothpaste on the counter or dental-floss splats on the mirror.    :hurray:

• Like 6

Here is a fun story for you. I was putting bulletins together at the church with an elderly lady who said her father, who was the sheriff of Wellington, TX, was kidnapped by Bonnie and Clyde and lived to tell about it. You can read the story here:

http://www.wellingtontx.com/9578158_88485.htm

Couldn't wait to get home to tell you about it! :D

• Like 10

So, Dancer told me last night that she cares nothing for high school and only wants to do college. Which wouldn't be a problem if I had more confidence she could handle it, and (the big one) more of the classes could fit logically into her high school transcript. She wants the Associates in Culinary Arts at this point. But, as an Associates in Applied Science, and not of Arts, not many things are transferable (to other colleges if she decides on that route later), or even relate to core classes like history. The only things I can pull from that degree are English comp, Prof. Comm., a science lab, and business math. Oh, and the Humanities, Spanish, which she CLEPped.

She's behind in her government class (live on VHG), and basically everything else she's supposed to be doing for me. I expected her to only diligently work on government while taking these baking classes, but continue to make some forward progress in at least English and chemistry. It's not really happening, and she acts like she doesn't care. Well, she admitted she doesn't - for high school at least.

Sigh.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

Coffee!! And ever-so-slightly ketchupped because technically this our vacation week.  Enough to remember why I love this little ITT universe. You all make me smile.  

Prayers and hugs, Hornblower.  That's big stuff.  

Mazel tov on the tooth, Slashababy!

Rocky --  your mama did what was best for you, and at great expense to herself.  Give her lots of handsome clean-shaven puppy love. That's an order.  (A gentle-post-op kind of order, but an order nevertheless)

Mopping is too much fun for my 9 year-old boy.  Windexing from a spray bottle is also too much fun.   But toilet scrubbing works, and windex wipes are safe enough for him to handle, too.  Sweeping, laundry sorting, surface-wiping, and cooking also work.  And shed building with dh.  

And also also, nunchucks are an outside toy, and no task is done 'til it's been cleaned-up after!  (I just hollered this IRL.  Hence, the exclamation point.)

And my favoritest little organizational chore tool is a velcro chart I made last month and hung beside the bathroom sink.  Each child flips their own velcro tab (labeled with their name) when they've finished brushing their teeth.  Last one to flip their tab also has to flip the "clean-up" tab, which requires putting away the toothpaste and windex-wiping the mirror and sink (with one wipe only because this is your college fund that pays for them, darlings).  It has been worth it.  No more gobs of toothpaste on the counter or dental-floss splats on the mirror.    :hurray:

Hi, Duckie!!!!

• Like 1

Here is a fun story for you. I was putting bulletins together at the church with an elderly lady who said her father, who was the sheriff of Wellington, TX, was kidnapped by Bonnie and Clyde and lived to tell about it. You can read the story here:

http://www.wellingtontx.com/9578158_88485.htm

Couldn't wait to get home to tell you about it! :D

Wow!  That's really interesting!!

Forget about kid chores.  How do you get me to do my chores? 

Amen!  

• Like 1

What's this? Do I need this? I need this, right?

http://www.rainbowresource.com/product/sku/006242

Library.

Then, if your kids really really really love the stories....

Library, again.

And if they still really reallly really love the stories...

Library.

Then, if they continue to beg for it and show a lifelong love of these really really special stories....

AND if your budget and bookshelf space allows....

buy it for their next birthday or Christmas.

(Advice from a recovery bibliophile who has 2300 books in her crawlspace because there is no more space in the house.) 

• Like 9

Library.

Then, if your kids really really really love the stories....

Library, again.

And if they still really reallly really love the stories...

Library.

Then, if they continue to beg for it and show a lifelong love of these really really special stories....

AND if your budget and bookshelf space allows....

buy it for their next birthday or Christmas.

(Advice from a recovery bibliophile who has 2300 books in her crawlspace because there is no more space in the house.)

Point taken.
  • Like 1

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipO-ilTwFFklI01yZn4lI_9Lg51SQ4dBUC-wimjC

I put this over in my shared pictures, so hopefully the link will work. My main character. Not painting--just pencil on mulitmedia paper, and not great, but...

ETA: Never mind. I'll get figured out, and maybe get it up later today. 

Edited by Critterfixer

Point taken.

Also, that is my rule for myself, too, now.   Not just the kids.  We are just out of space.  

There are very few books that actually get re-read in life (thank you, Konmari) so I've pared down as much as I can (I'm limited by my dh's large collection that he can't part with).  For the most part, we just buy/keep classics for the kids so that we have house full of truly quality literature for them to plunk down with whenever they want.  I also have early readers and Magic Treehouse type books because we use those constantly and the library just isn't convenient enough.   And we have many of the "Let's Read and Find Out" science series.... which is really more curriculum (the way I use it, since I haven't spent much on formal science curriculum yet.)  

Of course, there are beloved favorites that don't fit these categories, and we buy/keep those too.   :001_wub:  But I'm trying to be more of a minimalist where books are concerned.*

*If you like Kindle, though, go to town.   I don't like digital books, so that's not really an option.  

• Like 3

We're going for an afternoon hike to celebrate a beautiful fall day on our last day of fall break.

That sounds wonderful. It's starting to be fall here. The trees are juuuuuust starting to turn color. We got an inch of rain and everything is cleaned off and lovely. The air is fresh. It is gorgeous out!
  • Like 4

I'm alive!! And aside from the off chance of getting dry sockets, this has been a very easy recovery.
I did not have any funny wisdom teeth videos, though I did kick my shoes off in the room. Other than that, I was so boring. I only asked how my blood pressure was and if John had gauze for me.

I went to Riv's fall party this morning. That completely wore me out, but I'm glad I got to go since I missed her first field trip yesterday. :(

Now to get ketchedup.

• Like 8