Menu

Saxon Advanced Mathematics and SAT Math Level 2

Hi everyone. My daughter is about halfway through John Saxon, Advanced Mathematics: An Incremental Development, 2nd Edition. She would like to take the SAT Mathematics Level 2 subject test but isn't sure when she'll be ready (i.e. when she will have covered all the topics on the test). Does anyone here know? 

I am not there yet in Saxon Math, my son is only using Math 65 but we are loving Saxon Math so much that we hope we can continue with it through the end. I *think* you should complete Advanced Math before taking the SAT Math Level 2, but I do not *know*. I have not seen the Advanced Mathematics book in person yet, nor do I know much about the SAT subject tests, but based on the description, I think it is safer to complete Adv. Math and maybe take a couple of weeks to do some test prep.

• Like 1

I am not there yet in Saxon Math, my son is only using Math 65 but we are loving Saxon Math so much that we hope we can continue with it through the end. I *think* you should complete Advanced Math before taking the SAT Math Level 2, but I do not *know*. I have not seen the Advanced Mathematics book in person yet, nor do I know much about the SAT subject tests, but based on the description, I think it is safer to complete Adv. Math and maybe take a couple of weeks to do some test prep.

Your son is in Saxon 65 in 1st grade? Wow.