Menu

thoughts, please

Please give me some insight into my dd9's writing.Please

Eta:I have yet to figure out how to add pictures here. Here is the story:

To keep whooper cranes from be coming extinct, chicks are being raised by sandhill cranes. A whooper's habitat is a marsh, but people who have been carelessly draining the marshes are getting rid of whoopers. Biologists have been taking whooper cranes eggs and putting them in the nest of sand hill cranes. As the babies grow-up the whoopers and sand hill cranes rarely return together from the migration. Once an adult whooper noticed a baby whooper with a sand hill crane family and tried to catch it's attention, but the sand hills defended him. When they finally let the adult whooper in the nest the whooper adult tried to take the baby whooper. It was awful. Since the baby believed he was a sand hill he stayed with his adopted family. So now you see a whooper chick must learn they are not sand hills to keep them from becoming extinct.

At this age I would simply have her read it aloud or would read it aloud to her.  Have her pick out any mistakes she can find.  The main ones I would guide her to find (if she doesn't pick them out on her own) would be:  Samuel cranes should be Sand Hill cranes.  And did she mean Whooping cranes?  I couldn't find whooper crane when I googled.  Should rewritten be return?  And I couldn't figure out what Lee meant in the sentence.  

Did she type this?  Was there autocorrect?  No problem on the wrong words - just have her see this rereading/ editing as part of the process.