Menu

Dancing Bears and Apples and Pears

I think these two will be a perfect match for two of the kids I have that needs it.

Now I need a math curriculum just like the above. Black and white, simple, minimal manipulatives, lots of overteaching, short and sweet

Hunt for math curriculum....anyone please advise?

I love MUS, though we are taking a breather now. I mostly teach it myself, but the videos are good. Lots of review, quite a few problems, and the options for printing out extra sheets if needed. The manipulatives are great but not overwhelming. Nice black and white paper. Not cluttered. Very clear, and he doesn't overcomplicate anything. The word problems are straightforward, but those can be supplemented if necessary. 

• Like 1

I dont' know if it is just like it but for my ones that used Apples and Pears Spelling and Dancing Bears, we used Christian Light Education math and really like it.  We did buy the flashcards as they group them a certain way that helps with learning them.  We did all of the speed drills in the back but just didnt' time them.  I also bought the laminated math chart for the correct grade.  It has the basic math facts chart on it, ruler, conversions, basic formulas, etc.  I let my dd use that as needed for the work books.