Menu

I love teenage boys

Laura Corin

I have one teen boy and he makes me laugh every single day.  :001_wub:  

There is a new video game on Steam this week and he was skipping around the house squealing earlier.  LOL.  Right after working on a 10 page Mozart Sonata movement with his piano teacher for an hour in a very focused and intense way. 

• Like 4

Agreed.  Mine are (usually) more young adult than teen, but they still have their revert-to-kid moments! And the fun of having their charm and hilarity around is just wonderful!

Dh and I have been purposely bugging my youngest a bit in the last few days about when his future son, "Little His-name," comes to visit us, goes traveling with us, etc.  It's so much fun bugging him about being grandparents. We sure deserve the eyeball rolling, but it's hard to resist teasing him. 

My youngest is now 19... (sigh)

My favorite year was 2006 - mainly because we traveled a ton that year and started homeschooling that fall.  They were 14, 12, and 10 that year.  The teen years flew by and I definitely miss them now.

Enjoy your guys while you still have them (home)!

• Like 4

I needed this thread.  I find it encouraging. 

I'm really trying to work on lightening up a bit and going with the flow.  For years I've tried not to laugh at the goofiness, for fear of encouraging it, but it sounds like it might just be part of being a boy.    

• Like 4

I needed this thread.  I find it encouraging. 

I'm really trying to work on lightening up a bit and going with the flow.  For years I've tried not to laugh at the goofiness, for fear of encouraging it, but it sounds like it might just be part of being a boy.    

Yes.  Relax and enjoy it.  Your ds will appreciate his wonderful mom even more.

• Like 2

I've always heard how hard the teen years were.  I'll admit that 12-14 was a little rough since my eldest is highly emotional and overreacts to everything but since about 14 1/2, he's been great.  I told a friend recently that while 18 months to about 2 1/2 is my favorite age, the teenage years are are a very close second (at least with my boys).  We will see if I still feel that way about teenage girls in a few years.

• Like 1

Yup.  And then they really grow up and get married, have babies, and get promotions...And when I see that, it seems to have happened in such a short time.  Can this really be the little fella who was playing with his army soldiers in the sandbox just a while back?  It's always an adventure with these fellas.

• Like 3

I have four teen boys (notice the space between four and teen - LOL), ages 19, 19, 17, & 15. The last few years of having four teen boys have been a blast! I always dreaded the impending teen years based on what people told me, but I have enjoyed them so, so much!

Eta: The only thing I have NOT enjoyed is the grocery bill! My goodness, teen boys can pack it away!

I have four teen boys and one teen girl.

I think the teen years are a rocking roller coaster. Like toddler years times 10.

On any given day they are all at once exasperating, exhilarating, adorable, stunning, shocking, amazing, wise and funny and sweet.

• Like 6

LOVE THIS THREAD!  All boys at our house, oldest wlll be 13 this year--and we feel like we're teetering on the edge of something very different and exciting!  They are all great boys, and I can't even imagine what they will be like as they start to leave childhood behind------  Here we go!

B

• Like 2

I have four teen boys (notice the space between four and teen - LOL), ages 19, 19, 17, & 15. The last few years of having four teen boys have been a blast! I always dreaded the impending teen years based on what people told me, but I have enjoyed them so, so much!

Eta: The only thing I have NOT enjoyed is the grocery bill! My goodness, teen boys can pack it away!

Wow...you deserve some kind of award. 

• Like 1

On any given day they are all at once exasperating, exhilarating, adorable, stunning, shocking, amazing, wise and funny and sweet.

I love this; so very true.  You just forgot one adjective which Kinsa brought up:  hungry.  Always, always hungry.  Like, did-a-plague-of-locusts-descend-on-the-kitchen-during-my-shower hungry.  

• Like 4

I love this; so very true. You just forgot one adjective which Kinsa brought up: hungry. Always, always hungry. Like, did-a-plague-of-locusts-descend-on-the-kitchen-during-my-shower hungry.

True.

But truth be known ALL my twig kids eat like I never feed them and always have.

I have said for years that my kids eat to capacity. As in, whatever capacity the kitchen will hold, they will eat that amount. Doesn't matter how much I buy "for the week", it's never a week worth unless I make a famiky announcement declaring it so.

• Like 5

Yes, a thousand times yes. I have a teen boy and a teen girl and this is true of both of them.

There are times when my ds exasperates me beyond words but then an hour later he does something mature and amazing and I see glimpses of who he will be when he gets to the end of this journey. And best of all even though he is just about 17 he will sometimes still humour me with a bedtime cuddle and talk.

So far the teen years have been quite a ride.

• Like 1

Oh, my son was just telling his wife about this.  They had their first son 2 months ago and he was informing his wife about the necessity of food.  When my boys were at home, I would get up early and get coffee made and try to have just a few minutes to myself before the chaos began.  Inevitably one of them would yell from his bed, "what's for breakfast".  Then another would yell, "when will it be ready".  And no matter how long it was going to be, my response was met with groans indicating the agony of waiting.  It was the foremost thought in their minds.  He also told her that he would eat another meal after supper in order not to be horribly hungry the next morning.  And the really funny thing is, my boys were not nearly as big of eaters as their friends!  

Over the years I learned the truth of the old adage, "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach".

• Like 1