Menu

Do curriculum companies have sales in springtime or other times?

displace

I was curious if some companies typically have sales during spring when I think a lot of homeschoolers may think about curriculum for next year.  Or if there are some places anyone knows where the curriculum always goes on sale during X month.  I know there were some around the New Year for some companies.  I'm wanting some extra curriculum now for summer or even immediately as I'm still working on this year's adjustments. 

FWIW I'm looking to get more Singapore math by summer, and RS4K almost immediately, and I may see if there's much left on the scratch and dent Peace Hill Press for soon-to-use, maybe an art DVD, and of course next academic year so even more stuff.

Any leads?

I find that it is unique per company. Just from what we've used, MBTP has a spring fling, Pandia Press seems random (they are on my FB feed so I just wait for them to announce a discount), Elemental Science seems to do a later summer % off, etc.

When is MBTP's spring fling? I follow them on FB and haven't ever seen them announce a sale. Is the sale only for current customers?

Thanks!

Carol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find that it is unique per company. Just from what we've used, MBTP has a spring fling, Pandia Press seems random (they are on my FB feed so I just wait for them to announce a discount), Elemental Science seems to do a later summer % off, etc.

When is MBTP's spring fling? I follow them on FB and haven't ever seen them announce a sale. Is the sale only for current customers?

Thanks!

Carol

:bigear:

I'm in Canada, but thelearninghouse.ca had a flat $7 shipping rate in January.  Our shipping here is ridiculous, so I was hugely excited.  I probably saved a good $15 on shipping on that order. :)  I'm not sure if they have the same deal every year, but I'm definitely keeping my eye open.  I am a bit of a whiner when it comes to shipping.  I have been very spoiled by Amazon...lol

Thanks!

Carol

I placed my spring fling order 3/21/14 of last year.  I haven't heard anything for this year yet.  I read about it on the FB group "Differently Schooled Using MBTP".  It's for anyone who orders "Full Year" curriculum.  If you choose a full year of a full level or if you choose all of Language Arts for a level, as long as it's a full year's worth of something, it's usually 10% off.  But it's actually 10% off of your entire order, as long as that full year choice is being purchased, too.  If you sign up for their newsletter, it's announced there, as well as posted on their site.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Black friday is always a good time. Pandia press seems to have it on certain holidays (perhaps all of them?). I remember earth day sale and memorial day sale. PPH have had a back to school sale and of course there's the scratch and dent sal. :) Homeschool buyers co-op have had sales for a variety of curriculums, such as, horizons, math mammoth, bravewriter, and the critical thinking company. The christian book distributer had a 40% off sale for sotw sometime last summer.

Don't know about spring sales though. I know a lot of homeschool curriculum sales usually are around may and june wheee I live.

Good luck!

• Like 1