Menu

Vocabulary Program for 5th grader to use Independently?

pocjets

Most are not independent. This is boring but independent, useful, and cheap.

Instant Vocabulary Mass Market Paperback – August 5, 1988

by Ida Ehrlich (Author)

Can you share some ideas about how this book can be used with a middle schooler? Would the WTM suggestions (meant for Vocabulary From Classical Roots) work for this book?

Can you share some ideas about how this book can be used with a middle schooler? Would the WTM suggestions (meant for Vocabulary From Classical Roots) work for this book?

Each key has a list of words with definitions from a single root, I have my daughter do 1 or 2 a day, 1 if they are mostly words she does not know, 2 if they are easy words for her. She reads down the list, reading the definitions for words she does not know. I am not sure how much it is helping, but it is well organized, easy read on your own format and only adds a few minutes each school day.

• Like 1

The Critical Thinking Company has a Word Roots series that they recently revised. We like the revised version. They also have flashcard apps and computer programs to go with the series. If you subscribe to their newsletter, they frequently have coupons.

Each key has a list of words with definitions from a single root, I have my daughter do 1 or 2 a day, 1 if they are mostly words she does not know, 2 if they are easy words for her. She reads down the list, reading the definitions for words she does not know. I am not sure how much it is helping, but it is well organized, easy read on your own format and only adds a few minutes each school day.

Thank you!

• Like 1