Menu

Who's going to tackle Monday with Me?

Jean in Newcastle

Get out of bed.

Pack suitcases.

Walk with all belongings we brought to the Netherlands to the Einhoven City Center. Eat. Buy enough packages of Stroop Waffles to keep us happy, but not cause the luggage to not fit in the baggage sizer.

Catch train/bus to airport.

Check in and take plane back to Rome...Eat Stroop Waffles

Drive down the west coast of Italy back to Naples...Eat Stroop Waffles.

Kiss husband and children. Hide Stroop Waffles.

Go to bed.

Stroop Waffles are way better than Girl Scout cookies.

• Like 5

Good morning everyone!

We got another 4" of snow last night.

I smelled smoke at 4am, oldest was still up and had forgotten to tend the woodstove so she was trying to get it going.  I took over and never went back to bed, though she finally did around 5am.

Not much on my plate today.

school with youngest

figure out dinner

fill woodrack

vacuum

make a lunch for dh with lots of snacks because he'll be clearing driveways all day

• Like 3

A slow start in our house---dh will be going to the office late today because of the icy roads. I don't need to leave for the gym until 10:45. All the schools are on a 2 hour delay.

Up ahead on this (potentially sunny) Monday:

--gym w trainer

--school w dd (math, chem, some Science Olympiad quizzing)

--daily things and Monday-specific tasks

--submit the federal taxes

--do our state taxes

--register dd for next year's English

--bit of school-related research

--drugstore run (might walk there if the sideways are ok)

Ciao :D

• Like 4

All the schools are closed today because of icy conditions so my nephew won't be joining us today. So, we'll hold of school for another day and instead clean and try to keep these kids sane inside.

- finish putting clothes away

- help kids clean their room and computer room

- clean my room

- get dinner in crock pot by noon

• Like 3

Ugh, my calendar system failed me and I realized Saturday night that I had another pile of stuff due today.  OK fine, but upon closer inspection it is a lot more than I thought it was.  So I mentioned this "in passing" to my business partner this morning (if I act like it's a big deal, she will make it an even bigger deal and make me crazy).  My partner says she has to make a bunch of adjustments bla bla bla which I did not know about.  Then I ask my techie assistants to send me a summary of what is already entered into the computer, and out comes a bunch of gobbledygook.  This is not good ....  But boy will I feel good when I get it all done.  ;)

So here is the plan for today:

• Get kids up & out.
  • Clean kitchen, bathrooms, some clutter.
  • Work until 4:30, with breaks for
    • a little housework
    • a little exercise
    • a little reading
    • Make sure kids start homework when they get home
  • Drop tax forms in mail - must be postmarked today.
  • Kids to swim team 5-6pm, work while they swim.
  • Drive-thru dinner, homework/reading in the car.
  • Kids to gymnastics 7:15-8:45, work while they exercise.
  • Home, kids to bed.
  • Get kids' bags ready for Tuesday.
  • Work 10-12midnight.
  • Like 3

Going over seminar material this morning

Horror of the morning: We are short on coffee and there was only half a cup left to drink...

Get a short walk in

Yoga / Back exercises

Fly over notes again

Go to work

Get home from work

Figure out something to eat

Drag dh to the gym

Buy coffee

• Like 3

Good morning

- dishes- done

- laundry- loads in washer and dryer

- tidy house- round 1 done

- do brother's taxes- done

- remake master bed (diaper change accident, fitted sheet only affected)- sheet done, waiting for dd2 to wake up from her nap

- get dd1 off bus- done

- dinner- done

- baths

- bedtime routine

- anything else I manage to get done- worked on my severely lacking math skills

• Like 3

Happy March!  (I like March.)  The longer I wait to write this down, the longer my list is getting.

Done

Kitchen cleaned

Chicken broth in freezer.

Read aloud - ds16 and I are reading The Innocence of Father Brown (GK Chesterton) and thoroughly enjoying it.

Vacuum upstairs ( we have a loft where school is done, but it is also the TV room and my dh who is a fly fisherman, has a fly tying table up there)

To do

Laundry, including sheets

Wash kitchen floor

Bake banana bread to freeze - lots of brown bananas and grandchildren coming next week

Laundry, including ironing

Clean mudroom and mudroom bathroom

Marinate meat for French Dips tomorrow

Take ds to Kung Fu 6-8:30

Clean mud room and mud room bathroom

• Like 3

Good Afternoon! 

Done:

• beds made, house tidy and vacuumed
  • trash and recycling out 
  • got my haircut and picked up lunch for everyone--dd is home with Sophie Grace as school was cancelled in her county--so no bus driving today 

To do:

• British Lit class
  • Algebra and Geometry class
  • fix a quick dinner of bbq brisket sandwiches and fries
  • read and watch tv

Have a great day everyone! 

• Like 3

Didn't sleep well.  Got up and took ds to work before 7 am.  Went back to bed and slept until 9.  Am in pain today.  (And apparently am experiencing Pronoun Deficiency when I look back at what I'm writing. . .!)

Human care done

Pet care done

Dd has emptied the dishwasher (her chore)

Need to drag myself to the Y.  

Late start Monday!   :crying:

I am still cranky today...gave my lifeblood in taxes yesterday, have to mail off today.  Two cups of coffee did nothing to help.

To do:

Post office

donations to Goodwill

school with dd

swim

hopeful and fingers crossed that dd's softball practice is cancelled due to weather.  It has rained here over the weekend, definite drop in temps.  Cold, rainy, and muddy is not my idea of fun tonight.  

vacuum

pick up ds from swim practice

potato soup for dinner, rolls

Read my book that I started at 1:00 a.m.  It was hard to put down.   :closedeyes:

• Like 2

Walked 30 min.  I didn't want to.  And the machine kept "yelling" at me because my heart rate was too high even walking slowly but that's a result of illness and is one of those damned if you do/damned if  you don't things,  So I did.  I don't feel well.  But maybe that's because I didn't sleep well.  I hope it isn't because infection is still there hiding.  Good thing I'm going to the doc later to check.  

• Like 1

up very early and milk cow by torchlight ( Flashlight).

went into work ( had to swap days as I have to take twins to Melbourne to Children's Hospital later this week)

all day teaching 23 grade 2 students. 

came home to a messy house

DH had done the Speech Therapist visit with twins- he said she is even more useless than what I told him.

after I tidied the house and did ds11's schoolwork for Tuesday morning it was after 11. I rolled into bed feeling completely exhausted.

Today is Tuesday and I still feel exhausted. Starting to wonder if the Iron tablets are not strong enough.

• Like 1

After another partial remodeling weekend, only had Sunday to work, we now have 1/2 the sheetrock hung!!!!

I decided to make this a partial spring break week. We are working on our home-ec unit as the house has been badly neglected due to remodeling. :lol:

The kids side of the basement room is about 80% done. The livingroom got a good once over as we are getting a new couch off of CL tonight

Laundry got folded

the counter is pretty clean now

About to vacuum before sitting for a spell.

Got the bridal shower invitations mailed

Got more sheetrock screws for hanging the rest of the rock

Just got back from the  doc.  We're hoping that I am not getting C-diff.  My tummy problems, while increasing, are not that bad at this point.  I'm pushing the probiotics.  I was very unhappy to discover that while I'm not having throat pain, my throat is definitely still swollen down there. This may indeed be a chronic thing that I've been having that is only now coming to light.  We're at a crossroads now - my body could continue to heal without antibiotics and both throat and tummy will be happy.  Or the throat could get worse, making more antibiotics necessary which would create more problems for my tummy.  I'm pushing some natural remedies (which was his advice). 

Yay! Time to read :party:

--gym w trainer

--school w dd (math, chem, some Science Olympiad quizzing)

--daily things and Monday-specific tasks

--submit the federal taxes

--do our state taxes

--register dd for next year's English

--bit of school-related research

--drugstore run (might walk there if the sideways are ok)

• Like 1

Walked 30 min.  I didn't want to.  And the machine kept "yelling" at me because my heart rate was too high even walking slowly but that's a result of illness and is one of those damned if you do/damned if  you don't things,  So I did.  I don't feel well.  But maybe that's because I didn't sleep well.  I hope it isn't because infection is still there hiding.  Good thing I'm going to the doc later to check.  

I'm sorry you are doing so poorly Jean. :grouphug: :grouphug: