Menu

Thanks Barton!

Chanley

My 11 year old is near the end of level 8 in the Barton tutoring program. For a few years we have allowed him to listen to books at bedtime via his Learning Ally app. This was great because he could listen to the books that all of the kids were raving about, Maze Runner, The Giver...etc...and then we would go see the movie if/ when it came out. It boosted his confidence to say with authority he had read Harry Potter. 

He has always loved encyclopedias and read those, you know the ones with lots of colorful photos and short captions and sidebars. But all of this was about the extent of his reading. 

Well now, he has discovered a deep love for actually reading books. He is tearing through the Warrior series. He listened to them years ago but insists he is getting so many more details by reading them. This is great except...I cannot get him to keep his light off and he is a bear in the morning to get out of bed. I think he has what I call a book hangover, you know where your eyes hurt, your head feels funny and you are exhausted from staying up all night reading. 

I am so overjoyed this is happening. For so many years I worried that he would not share the love of reading like the rest of our family. 

• Like 13

Congratulations!!!

:party:   :party:

What a great stage to be at!!  That was a lot of work to get there, wow!  We're in Barton 3 now, trying to make our way through to Barton 4...  Barton 8 seems a long way off at this point, so it's fun to hear your story of how it turned out!  :)

• Like 2