MamaSprout

Head Sprout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1614 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 10:18 AM

Flipped Math Classroom: http://www.flippedmath.com/

Full courses for Algebra 1- Calculus AB

Note taking packets with homework, addition "corrective" assignments and test and quiz "study sheets" with solutions that could be used as tests. Videos are download-able as MP4s if you don't have consistent internet access or don't want your students on the site with the answers.

Could someone look at and comment on the rigor? Glancing at Algebra 1, it looks solid to me. Possibly could use some additional practice problems from a textbook.

• quark likes this

#102 RootAnn

RootAnn

* Certified Crazy Lady *

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6608 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 12:29 PM

Since Duke TIP took down their Jurgensen geometry materials, it would be good to note that Memoria Press put together some lesson plans and, apparently, a final, according to this post.

Also, I believe Homeschool Connections has both live & recorded geometry classes using Jurgensen.

Edited by RootAnn, 01 June 2017 - 12:33 PM.

• quark likes this

#103 MarkT

MarkT

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 2215 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 10:38 AM

Flipped Math Classroom: http://www.flippedmath.com/

Full courses for Algebra 1- Calculus AB

Note taking packets with homework, addition "corrective" assignments and test and quiz "study sheets" with solutions that could be used as tests. Videos are download-able as MP4s if you don't have consistent internet access or don't want your students on the site with the answers.

Could someone look at and comment on the rigor? Glancing at Algebra 1, it looks solid to me. Possibly could use some additional practice problems from a textbook.

I took a quick look - rigor seems pretty good but it would be nice to move to the topics covered in Common-Core (not the teaching methodology) Algebra 1, Geo and Alg 2.   Flipped seems to be based on the older 2009 DoDEA standards which are now migrating to Common-Core.

#104 MamaSprout

MamaSprout

Head Sprout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1614 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 05:43 AM

I took a quick look - rigor seems pretty good but it would be nice to move to the topics covered in Common-Core (not the teaching methodology) Algebra 1, Geo and Alg 2.   Flipped seems to be based on the older 2009 DoDEA standards which are now migrating to Common-Core.

Not really having much on functions, probability and statistics seem to be the main difference in the Algebra courses?

There is a short unit on probability in geometry, but there doesn't seem to be coordinate geometry, so that would need to be covered elsewhere if someone wanted to line up with common core (or use a cc textbook alongside it).

Regardless of someones thoughts on CC, I can see wanting to add some probability and statistics before precalc.

#105 MarkT

MarkT

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 2215 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 09:37 AM

ALGEBRA I

SAS Algebra 1 Course (free)

https://www.curricul...rtal/#info/1713

#106 JanetC

JanetC

Hive Mind Level 2 Worker: Nurse Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2387 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 09:37 PM

Adding to post #82 - there are videos for this textbook here:

https://www.youtube....&view=1&sort=dd

They're nothing fancy - a TA with a marker and a board, but may be useful to some.

• nansk and quark like this

#107 myrobostation

myrobostation

Hive Mind Larvae

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 03:41 AM

I  am interested in math curriculum. Math curriculum subjects are  algebra involves finding patterns, balancing equations, and using graphs, lines, and arithmetic and it. I get more information from this post about the maths subject.

#108 OneStepAtATime

OneStepAtATime

Beekeeping Professor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32092 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:13 AM

I  am interested in math curriculum. Math curriculum subjects are  algebra involves finding patterns, balancing equations, and using graphs, lines, and arithmetic and it. I get more information from this post about the maths subject.

Have you tried starting your own thread with specific questions?  You might get more responses than just a quick post in this rather long thread.  I don't have any good suggestions or I would try to help you.  Good luck.

• MarkT likes this

#109 riti

riti

Just Visiting

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 12:12 PM

You can also download NCERT Books and there solutions as well.

• quark likes this

#110 Saddlemomma

Saddlemomma

Hive Mind Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1472 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 12:40 PM

I haven't read through this whole thread, but has anyone recommended Mr. D. Math?  He offers high school math from Pre-Algebra through Pre-Calc w/Trig. In addition, he has classes in:

I just enrolled my DD in the self-paced class for Algebra I.  She's had a very rocky road with CLE Algebra in 8th, even with taking it slow, and is extremely frustrated and math phobic at this point. At first I was going to finish CLE during the first few months of this fall and proceed with Geometry.  After her last quiz, I've decided to have her repeat Algebra completely.  I want to make sure she has a firm foundation before going into Geometry and higher maths.

At first I was happy with CLE, but the TM skipped several steps in the equations, and I actually found several errors in answers. Instead of repeating CLE, I went on the exhausting search for something with online instruction, but self-paced and gentle.  Whatever program we chose needed to help DD build up her confidence with math. I narrowed it down to either TT or Mr. D.  After researching a great deal, I found several negatives for TT, but absolutely no negatives for Mr. D.  Today I had DD watch several of the sample videos. While she wasn't thrilled with having to do Algebra again, she told me she thinks Mr. D explains things better and she was willing to give it a go.

Anyway, if this math course hasn't been mentioned, I just thought it may need to be added to the master list. Thanks!

• quark and TarynB like this