Menu

Tell me a medium sage green color to paint

DawnM

my kitchen?

Cabinets are white, granite countertops are off-white with beige, black, and dark purple (Santa Cecelia Light if you want to look it up.)

I want a medium sage green for the walls but greens are so hard to match.

Anyone have it on their own walls and love it?  What paint color/brand, etc...is it?

Something like the 2nd or 4th picture here:

http://www.ratecore.com/kitchen/sage-green-paint-colors-kitchen/

So, I just looked at the granite...if you havent painted the cabs yet, I'd use Chantilly Lace for my white and Revere Pewter for my wall color.

Cabinets are already painted.  I truly don't like the color or the crappy job the guy did, but I can't change it now.

Revere Pewter isn't green is it?  It looks gray.

I went through multiple sagey greens before settling on Benjamin Moore's Fernwood Green. I had a hard time because light affected the greens so much. I'd walk by in the morning and smile and walk by in the evening and cringe. I love Fernwood Green though, no matter the time of day. I ended up cutting it 50% which made it even softer.

Edited to say I looked at your inspiration pictures and FG is lighter.

Sea Salt by Sherwin Williams can look sagey in the right light. It looks great against white cabs.

I second this color, but I encourage you only to buy it from Sherwin Williams. I have it in a "color match" from Home Depot paint (was in a rush) for a kid's bath, and it's not nearly as lovely sagey as the same color in actual SW paint in dd's bedroom. It's lovely.

I second this color, but I encourage you only to buy it from Sherwin Williams. I have it in a "color match" from Home Depot paint (was in a rush) for a kid's bath, and it's not nearly as lovely sagey as the same color in actual SW paint in dd's bedroom. It's lovely.

Yeah, I had this issue too.

I had a paint color from Benjamin Moore that I really liked in our sunroom.  I went to Home Depot to match it in Valspar and it doesn't look anything like the sunroom.

I won't make that mistake again.

Revere Pewter is a griege that looks good with oak floors. It has some green undertones that pull through but is not a sage. I think it will look more modern than a sage.

Restoration Hardware's Silver Sage is also quite lovely.

Sages move a lot with light. Be sure to put test samples up on different walls so that you get a good representation.

Are you still painting to sell? If so, I'm not sure I would do green.

Yes we are.  The rest of the house is pretty much beige.  I wanted the kitchen to be a little more cheery.

We are definitely not blue people, so blue would be out.

Cabinets: White

Backspash: travertine beige

Flooring: oak hardwood

I just think there is already too much tan/beige/brown

Whites on cabinets come in all kinds of different shades. To find the best sage for you, get a few samples (real paint-not just chips!) and compare how they looks with your cabinets, countertops and all the other colors in that room. Slight differences in shades make all the difference, so a paint that looks fabulous in one place can look bad in another. Greens, (which mix both yellow and blue), can be particularly tricky to get right. Get paint samples!

Yes we are.  The rest of the house is pretty much beige.  I wanted the kitchen to be a little more cheery.

We are definitely not blue people, so blue would be out.

Cabinets: White

Backspash: travertine beige

Flooring: oak hardwood

I just think there is already too much tan/beige/brown

All the woodwork, including cabinets, in my house is white. Floors are dark-stained hardwood. I have blue and white furniture in the living room; brown and dark blue/green plaid in the family room; white curtains on living room/family room/dining room windows; the silver sage looks great with everything. People comment all the time about what a lovely color it is.  :-)

All the woodwork, including cabinets, in my house is white. Floors are dark-stained hardwood. I have blue and white furniture in the living room; brown and dark blue/green plaid in the family room; white curtains on living room/family room/dining room windows; the silver sage looks great with everything. People comment all the time about what a lovely color it is.  :-)

Oh, and I forgot to mention that the trim on the doorways is oak.  So we have oak and white wood in that room.

Have them match the old Devine paint color called Manzanita.  But don't get it in Devine paint.  Devine sold the colors but not the formula to Home Depot or something.  Miller Paints has the forumula (the base) and can match the color.  Devine paints were so nice.  Pooh.  

Have them match the old Devine paint color called Manzanita.  But don't get it in Devine paint.  Devine sold the colors but not the formula to Home Depot or something.  Miller Paints has the forumula (the base) and can match the color.  Devine paints were so nice.  Pooh.  

I have never heard of Devine or Miller.  

I have never heard of Devine or Miller.  

I just Googled it and found out it is a Northwest paint company, Miller, that is.  

Oh well.  The thing that made Devine (and now Miller) so special is that they made colors to fit the light in the region.  The light in the Northwest is much "pinker" than the light in Colorado, for example, with is a softish yellow.  It is interesting that it makes such a difference with the paint one chooses.  

Oh well.  Benjamin Moore matched Devine Manzanita for me, and it was OK.  I had that color in two different rooms in my old house, and because of the difference in the lighting, they looked like different colors, but they weren't.