Menu

Never in my life would I have thought

LisaKinVA

That my fresh baked cinnamon rolls or cinnamon-streusal coffee cake would go for $55 at the silent auction yesterday.  I will brag and say, why YES, they are better than the ones the commissary sells (either in the bakery or in the cans), but still...$55!  I'm beginning to think I need to have a Sunday Cinnamon Roll Bake Sale after church as a fundraiser and charge $2 a roll or $20 a dozen (pre-ordered).  I could make 50 pans...I know I could.

What do you think?

I think I need the recipe - that's what I think!

Awesome!

I'd say it's a military secret...but you can find the base recipes (because I use more than one...and doctored another) over at King Arthur Flour.com  Even the base for the White Chocolate Raspberry Rolls is over there...

I'd say it's a military secret...but you can find the base recipes (because I use more than one...and doctored another) over at King Arthur Flour.com  Even the base for the White Chocolate Raspberry Rolls is over there...

Thanks! There's a lot that goes into making cinnamon rolls.  I would say that $2 for one is a pretty good deal.

Can you link the white chocolate raspberry roll recipe? I did a search at KAF and didn't find it.

$2-3/roll is the going price here. They are $4 each in the high end bakery downtown.

If you have the time and you could use the money to fuel some adventure while you're in Italy, start cranking out the rolls!

KAF has a White Chocolate Cinnamon Roll...I modified it to a White Chocolate Raspberry roll ;)  Shortcut...use a seedless, raspberry jam.  Eliminate the cinnamon and spread the jam over the cream cheese/white chocolate mixture.  

That's got to feel good, Lisa!

I love it when my food is the first gone on a buffet table or when people say to me, "You HAVE to bring your XYZ (food)."

It does feel good!  We're already known around here for cakes/cupcakes, pulled pork, ribs, and my smoothie bar...this was the first time I did breakfast treats. My daughter's birthday is tomorrow, and her swim team friends have been begging for cupcakes (they want the lemon-filled vanilla ones...).  UNFORTUNATELY, I can't do this as a business here.  Believe me, I would -- if only to have enough to buy all the curriculum and on-line courses for the kids!  But, it's not allowed.  I can only do it for "approved fundraising activities."  Our food has raised close to $14,000 for scouts and swim team over the past year.