Menu

Father can only donate liver to one twin :( Family seeking donor

Kathryn

I don't mean to attack you, really. I wish people wouldn't post these kinds of things or at least not be so descriptive in the title (I haven't and won't read the article). It is this kind of story that caused me to give up the news. It is gut wrenching and horrible and none of my business and there is not one dang thing I can do about it so I really don't need to know about it.

I don't mean to attack you, really. I wish people wouldn't post these kinds of things or at least not be so descriptive in the title (I haven't and won't read the article). It is this kind of story that caused me to give up the news. It is gut wrenching and horrible and none of my business and there is not one dang thing I can do about it so I really don't need to know about it.

You can do something: you can encourage people to be donors.

Of course there are things you can do. encourage people to be donors. pray that they find a donor. pray that whatever happens the family has the proper support to deal with it.

If you don't read the article you don't even know there is nothing you can do. Since there is info for the minimum requirements to be tested as a donor are in the article someone can do something about it. And I pray someone does. I imagine the family wants it to be your business because the more people who know the more likely they'll find a donor.

Moxie, I understand what you're saying. This article, though, is very short, and is specifically asking for donors, even gives minimal requirements, and offers an opportunity to help. There is absolutely something we can all do here. We can post it places, like here, where more can read it. That's how a donor will be found.

Liver donation is a miracle, that it has come so far, that we can have living donors - it is beautiful. In '98, my best friend died while on the liver donor list. There was not an option then, for a living donor. When it became available a few years later, her mom and I cried happy tears, with some regret and sadness mixed in, of course.

I hope they find a donor. I wish I could do it.

Then maybe it would be better to title these threads "Family looking for a liver donor" or "This is why smoke detectors are important". I'm not the only person bothered by the mental image of a twin with a failing liver or children in a house fire.

Then maybe it would be better to title these threads "Family looking for a liver donor" or "This is why smoke detectors are important". I'm not the only person bothered by the mental image of a twin with a failing liver or children in a house fire.

I would suspect that with titles like that more people would look out of curiosity and the vagueness of the title and then the people that were bothered would be upset that the title was so vague.

You may be too sensitive for the internet.  There was nothing wrong with the title.