Menu

Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep photography

MedicMom

Their website is a little vague. Does anyone know anything about them? Is it something you can call weeks in advance and discuss with their photographer or only when they are needed?

It is looking like we will not make viability as my uterus is splitting already at fourteen weeks. I am trying to make tentative and hopefully never used plans so I don't have to try to remember everything in those moments.

Thank you.

One of my friends volunteers for NILMDTS in her area. She has taken photos at scheduled deliveries because she has to arrange for childcare for her children. I'm sure it varies by area. She is in a very large metro area with a large volunteer pool. Calling would be the best idea. I'm so sorry.

Thinking of you. :grouphug:

I am so so sorry. When my son was stillborn my friend was a photographer with them and came and took photos so I didn't go through the calling. I would call now though so they have more warning. Those photos are my most cherished reminders of my son, so I hope you are able to have some as well!

Can you get another opinion to see if there is anything else you can do? I know someone recently who was told it was hopeless. I told them to go to the children's hospital prenatal department and last I heard, they are still pregnant.  I am unsure if this is something that can be helped. I am just so sorry!

I am so sorry. (((((Hugs))))) I hope you do not need their services, but, yes, I would encourage you to call and speak with them in advance. My dd had someone from NILMDTS come to the hospital when her 2nd baby boy was stillborn. I was one of the people in the room with her when the photographer arrived, and three years later I still thank G-d for the amazing young woman who came and took photos. I cannot even begin to describe what a comfort she was to each one of us in the room. She brought a hat and blanket, but we had both already........the teeny hat was actually sent to me by a wonderful woman on this board. I had been knitting the blanket and it was sadly just the right size.

The photographer asked the baby's name, and her demeanor was just perfect: respectful, somber, aware, compassionate......I cannot say enough about her.

If you have any questions, please feel free to pm me, or ask here, and I will check back. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

I am so sorry. Praying that you won't need them. I believe you can call them ahead of time, but they are also accustomed to unexpected phone calls as well.

Yes......this is true. Without going into detail, the photographer who came for my grandson had been contacted by the perinatologist's nurse so she was aware that on a particular day, she might be needed. She was then contacted and she provided an estimated time of arrival. I remember it was blazing hot that day and it was June (I am sorry.......these are details), and she came to the hospital with her hair still wet from the shower. As I said earlier, she was amazing......she was 'there' but ''not there.' I think the word I am looking for is unobstrusive.

So sorry. 

We had NILMDTS come in June when our son was born with an almost-always-fatal genetic condition (he died that day). I called the coordinator two months beforehand to let her know my situation and then called her again the day I went into labor. It took the photographer many hours to get there. I think I am glad we had her come because it helped us to look at our son more closely. The photos turned out well.

NILMDTS has a policy of generally photographing babies at 25 weeks and up, so you should call and discuss it with them if you expect your baby to be younger. They certainly make exceptions.