Menu

Artificial Christmas tree storage

Suzanne in ABQ

Oh no!  We had a broken pipe yesterday, and our storage space was flooded.  The cardboard box containing our Christmas tree is ruined.  Is it possible to buy plastic containers large enough to hold an artificial tree?  I'd prefer rigid plastic to those cloth covers.  It's a pre-lit tree, in three sections.  I looked at the Container Store, and they don't carry anything that large.

ETA: Actually, Container Store does carry them, but they're only available in-store, and there isn't a store anywhere within 250 miles of my house.

Our tree came with a huge bag thing for storage--it is a tarplike material, like you would store a tent or something in.  Maybe look for a bag instead?  We always kept ours in the box because then we could stack stuff on top of it, so I can see why you would want something hard though.  

We have a huge bag that's made specifically for storing trees in. It's red and has nylon handles sewn all the way around. It's made out of tarp like material. I think it came from Lowe's. It's works pretty good. Our tree is a 9 foot pre lit and it fits good. HTH

Guest submarines

Yes, it might work out easier to just have three containers for each part of the tree.

This is what we just bought, 3 large ones. Now gotta take that tree down. :huh:

Yes, it might work out easier to just have three containers for each part of the tree.

This is what my parents do - the tree is in three boxes.

They don't have a problem with water/moisture, but they did have a problem with rats in the garage who ate through the duffel bag the tree was in originally.  Since they couldn't find a box big enough to fit the whole tree [it's 8ft, I think], Dad went with three boxes.