Menu

Paging Dr. Hive - Appendicitis? WWYD?

1bassoon

Would it cause nausea? She just ate breakfast, but now says she's nauseaus (how the HECK do you spell that word!!!) after eating. She took Motrin at 5 am, but with no food :(

She does say the pain is at least manageable with Motrin on board.

Yep, most meds have the potential to cause nausea without food, but nsaids like Motrin are very likely to cause it.

I'm going to guess she has Crohn's. The GI should recommend a scoping procedure with biopsy. Of course, I am merely an armchair physician, but if I were a betting woman...

I hope she feels better soon. Abdominal woes can be terribly incapacitating.

Yeah, my friend was wondering that. But her CRP rate was totally normal. They didn't test sedimentation.

Here's what I read:

As mentioned, abdominal migraine causes pain in the abdomen that can be severe and debilitating. It is typically located in the middle portion of the belly, often around the umbilicus. Cramping, nausea, and vomiting can accompany the pain. Pallor (paleness) of the skin is often observed. There may not be associated headache. The symptoms are usually relieved by sleep and can last anywhere from one hour to several days

The only thing is that the pain is the same. Not debilitating - at least not right now - no cramping, nausea, or vomiting. No paleness. It has lasted several days. Worth asking GI about, so thanks!

I really think she's either feeling better today, or just SO SICK of being sick. She's cleaning the gerbil cage and building them little ladders, etc that she found on Pinterest :)