Menu

Math board games???

We tried Math U See, but it takes her forever to get something. So, I stopped doing that because we literally could not move on. I just do things with her like using money to identify coins and count them, Addition the fun way that has stories with the facts, using a real clock for time, workbooks, and worksheets, manipulatives, etc.

Sum Swamps is great! Actually, we've turned all of our games into addition and subtraction practice using the Sum Swamps dice. We also do "War" using homemade cards of numbers 1-10 (each person pulls two cards and adds them together, highest number wins). We also like Zeus on the Loose, but use a 100s chart (and a button to keep track of where we are at).

We tried Math U See, but it takes her forever to get something. So, I stopped doing that because we literally could not move on. I just do things with her like using money to identify coins and count them, Addition the fun way that has stories with the facts, using a real clock for time, workbooks, and worksheets, manipulatives, etc.

That sounds like more than dyslexia.  Have you attempted using something like Ronit Bird's e-books?

Guest jenniferbrooke81

We have Smath. It's a board game, essentially scrabble with numbers. You get number tiles and operation tiles, then make simple equations (5+3=8). With the addition of the parentheses tiles, my husband and I can have fun with it, but for a child, you can make your own rules and have a relaxed game. It's nice because, like using scrabble tiles when teaching my daughter to read, it's tactile, doesn't require writing, and is fun.