Menu

Introduction

wathe

Hello all,

I'm a Canadian mom, newish to homeschooling.   I have boys aged 5 and 7, in Kindergarten and Grade 1 respectively.  I've found this board to be a fabulous resource.  I'm glad to be a new member, and I'm looking forward to joining the conversation.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I'm a recent transplant to Northern Virginia from California and love being amidst this rich history! We're "officially" starting homeschooling in the fall, when my older daughter would be slated to start kindergarten, but we've been starting already and it's so amazing! I love this method! Sorry for the hyperbolic punctuation, but really, this is so wonderful in my world. I had thought there was no viable alternative to public (I come from a long line of public school teachers) or private school and nothing was looking good to me. Even with some of the "best" schools in the nation, as we are often told NOVA sports, I am wary at best, and usually quite disappointed. Granted, it's better than what we were forced to create in curriculum in CA, but it's still not real education in my mind.

To make a long story short, I'm very grateful to have found The Well-Trained Mind, and Susan and Jessie's inspirational stories. Thank you for starting this and I'm looking forward to being an active member of these boards. If anyone is also in the Alexandria area of Virginia, I'd love to hear about it. I understand there are some HS groups around here, but I haven't had any luck yet making contact.

Thanks again for starting this!