Menu

Good Bible study to do with my 11 year old dd at bedtime?

So, it can't include a lot of writing...

Discussion would be great

ACTUAL study of the BIBLE would be awesome.  

No, we can't just read the Bible.  I need some guidance.  

We tried Elizabeth George's Girl after God's Own Heart and found it trite, very school, appearance, and such focused.  We are almost finished and found it almost a waste of time, except that we were together talking and cuddling.  (obviously this was not a BIBLE study just a devo thing, but still, just shared to give you an idea of something that did not work for us.)

She knows all basic catechism, all basic doctrines, and has memorized the entire Picture /Comic Bible...so something that focuses in depth more on one book or one aspect might be best, since she clearly has the big picture covered for now.  She is a baptized believer and extremely interested in the Bible, and very open to discussions about Christ, and also her own growth, sin, etc.  

Thank you!!!

On my phone so sorry for being short and for the badly formatted links!!

Big Truths for Young Hearts http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002ED4WYG/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1419169754&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70

Long Story Short: 10 Minute Devotions

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00F5KX76O/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?qid=1419169754&sr=8-6&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70

The Discover for Yourself series looks great...but requires lots of pens, writing, and I think also different colored pens like the adult version. It's very much writing oriented so I think it would be a real challenge for my dd and I to do at bedtime. But I think you will like it!  I have never heard of anyone that didn't.  

The Discover for Yourself series looks great...but requires lots of pens, writing, and I think also different colored pens like the adult version. It's very much writing oriented so I think it would be a real challenge for my dd and I to do at bedtime. But I think you will like it!  I have never heard of anyone that didn't.  

Oh goodness, I had no idea it required a lot of writing with lots of different pens, lol.  

I'll have to look more closely at it : 0 )  Good to know.

I'll be following this thread to see what you find : )

How about this devotional? http://www.amazon.com/dp/1596388129/

I haven't used it, but it looks like it takes you through the Bible (not every verse, but focusing more on the overall theme) with the devotional reading focusing on how the passage for the day fits the "overall story" in the Bible.

Just purchased, thank you. I figure on kindle for $10, we can each read on our device. Perfect. Thanks.