Menu

NYPD officer killed, another critical - 'execution style'

Momof3

We took a big plate of cookies to our police dept this morning, just to say, 'thank you' & 'merry Christmas'... The officers were very surprised & grateful. One of them told dh, "Thanks! Not to much appreciation for us right now."

Not diminishing at all the incidents of police brutality that are there, but there are a lot of good cops out there - and we definitely owe them a ton!

Just saw this.  

How horrible at any time, but right before Christmas? Their poor poor families.

This is also a domestic violence homicide. He killed his former girlfriend first.  Just like the Sydney gunman was charged as an accomplice in the death of his wife.

I'm glad the killer killed himself.  The families of those shot won't have to endure a trial. 

:(

This is also a domestic violence homicide. He killed his former girlfriend first.  Just like the Sydney gunman was charged as an accomplice in the death of his wife.

I did not know that about the Sydney gunman.  And of course the Newtown killer began by killing his mother.

It is just ghastly, all of it.

I did not know that about the Sydney gunman.  And of course the Newtown killer began by killing his mother.

It is just ghastly, all of it.

:(

Yes, it's also kind of like Trayvon Martin's death.  George Zimmerman also had a history of DV....and really never should have been given a gun permit.

There's been some talk on if DV was taken seriously, then the Sydney guy never should have been out on bail to do that tragedy.

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2014/dec/17/man-haron-monis-bail-domestic-violence-taken-seriously-terrorism

So, so much violence in the world.  Praying that all of the WTM boardies and their families stay safe this holiday season and always.

We took a big plate of cookies to our police dept this morning, just to say, 'thank you' & 'merry Christmas'... The officers were very surprised & grateful. One of them told dh, "Thanks! Not to much appreciation for us right now."

Not diminishing at all the incidents of police brutality that are there, but there are a lot of good cops out there - and we definitely owe them a ton!

Liking this post just wasn't enough!  What a great thing to do - and I definitely agree with your last statement.  My cousin is a police officer in a smaller city.  Even so, life is not easy.