Menu

I got a Nutri Bullet! Recipes?

goldberry

I got the Nutri Bullet to add more fruit/vegis into my diet. I like the idea of it not being a "juicer" but more of a pulverizer.

I am not fasting, cleansing, or anything else controversial. I am not diabetic, pre-diabetic, or taking any potentially conflicting medications.  So now that's out of the way... :)

Recipes that taste fairly decent but are still pretty healthy?  Any that use chia seeds, or other seeds?

None, but can I ask you--does it make "snow?" You know, extremely finely crushed ice that's even finer than a snow cone? I am thinking of getting one, but I want it to make snow.

I have not tried that yet...a rather odd question!  But I will let you know when I find out.

What do you want to use the snow for?  For snow cones?

ETA, now that I think about it, I bet that it doesn't, because you are always supposed to add a liquid in there.

In a vitamix gal and I pretty much exclusively do green smoothies. Spinach, kale, mixed greens, beet greens etc, + frozen berries, or mango or banana or grapes or apples or pineapple.

Pineapple can be wonky - it usually wants to separate but it's fine if you drink it fast. Kiwi upsets my stomach. but I often add lime because I like a sour smoothie.

Starting out, or with strong greens, use 1:3 volume green to fruit and work up to 1:2 and then 1:1... Use frozen fruit or add ice to make it more palatable.

I sometimes make recipes from here http://simplegreensmoothies.com/recipesbut I always go back to my basic green smoothies...

Starting out, or with strong greens, use 1:3 volume green to fruit and work up to 1:2 and then 1:1... Use frozen fruit or add ice to make it more palatable.

Thanks, that's kind of what I was looking for.  How to mix it where it's not gross!  I will try the 1:3 volume.

Does anyone ever add almond or soy milk for a protein?

baby spinach is the mildest green & good flavourful frozen blueberries cut the flavour the best so IME it's the most palatable starter smoothie. But the resulting smoothie is not green, it's kind of a purply brown so if you're a visual person, put it in an opaque drinking container LOL

Oh, forgot to say, you do need water in there for the greens to blend up & yeah, you can replace it with soy or other milk but I rarely do because it tastes too thick & rich for me. I am toying with getting some vegan protein powder & dumping a scoop in though.

you can also add flax meal or hemp seeds...

I got used to the flavour very fast, btw. & it's been rare that we ended up with unpalatable ones. I taste them as I'm blending & if it's too gross, I just keep adding fruit ;)  Soon you're having hardcore ones ...

Yes, I do since I can't add milk.

Oh, and when I asked about snow, it's because if the ice can be ground to snow, the smoothies will be...well, smoother.

I've heard the 900 does ok, but I wasn't sure of the other models.

Also, if you freeze your kale and spinach and add it frozen, it will shatter and blend much easier! I can even add spinach to my traditonal (re: sucky) blender, and, if it's frozen, I can't even tell it's in there. Nonfrozen? Oh yeah--yuck.

Also, if you freeze your kale and spinach and add it frozen, it will shatter and blend much easier! I can even add spinach to my traditonal (re: sucky) blender, and, if it's frozen, I can't even tell it's in there. Nonfrozen? Oh yeah--yuck.

Nice idea, thanks!  Going to buy a few things today to try...

Oh, and it's a Ninja Bullet, not a Nutri bullet.  I was debating between the two and I forgot I eventually chose the Ninja.