Menu

WhatsApp - 2 cell phones stopped working after it was installed

Lanny

Early in November, when she was out of town visiting her family, my wife installed WhatsApp on a Samsung Galaxy (Android) cell phone. After that, the phone began showing "Emergency Calls Only".  Everything on the phone works, except it cannot originate or receive normal phone calls, which is the main thing a cell phone does. I cannot tell you how many hours my wife and I spent trying to resolve this issue. Lots of stress and a few dollars for a Google Play App (the Vendor has proved exceptionally helpful).

Now, my wife is out of town again, because her mother was in the hospital. Her mother is out of the hospital and the plan is my wife will return home tomorrow.

DD has a Noka Asha 302 QWERTY Messaging phone. It is Nokia Series 40 OS phone.   So, the 2 phones are totally different, regarding their manufacturer and their OS.

DD installed WhatsApp and now her phone shows "Emergency Calls Only"....

WhatsApp and "Emergency Calls Only" are what the 2 phones have in common.  My wife knows other people who are able to use WhatsApp and make regular phone calls too. She thinks it might be because our phones have very little Memory available.

At this time, based on what I know, I would suggest NOT installing WhatsApp!