Menu

Ugh--sick and need to find Xmas present for wonderful dh. Can you help?

Chris in VA

Battling stomach illness--getting better but little energy.

I don't even know what to look for.

He has a major interest in the music industry--he taught himself recording this past year and has put out a CD of some of his songs. Idk what equipment needs he might have, nor what books might be helpful. Any help there? (He's a guitarist and writes Christian songs.)

He is an Episcopal priest--IDK any new books that might be good? He doesn't read fiction.

He likes to work out. He has books on body building. He doesn't need sweats or a gym bag or a water bottle or a yoga mat (doesn't do yoga) or a dvd workout.

I am so tired and so lost this Christmas!

Does he like attending sport events?  Maybe tickets to that?

Christian music concert tickets?

Since he's into body building...what about protein powders and high protein snacks?

Everything I listed can be ordered online and shipped asap.

Good luck and hope you feel better.  :grouphug:

Does he workout at home? if so what equipment does he already have?

How about an agility ladder

or fitdecks I have Fitdeck office on my desk at work reminding me to move once in a while (it helps), but there are all kinds of fitdecks with different themes that would help someone who has their routine, shake it up a bit. Some are specific to equipment, some have no equipment at all.

Has he ever read "Girl Meets God"?  That is the most beautiful book, and he might really enjoy it.  It's about a young woman who converts to being Episcopalian as an adult.  It juxtaposes the Western church year with the Jewish holiday cycle in a way that is very interesting.  Another spiritual (but not Christian) book that is focussed on the Jewish holiday cycle and that I really enjoy reading over and over is 'The Ladies' Auxiliary' which is about an orthodox Jewish community in Memphis.  I realize that both of those are 'girly' to some extent, but they are very well written and he might enjoy seeing a woman's spiritual POV.

Does he like sacred music?  If so, he might like CD's of Mendelsohn's 'Elijah', which is in English.  Or if he knows German, Bach's St. Matthew Passion is absolutely awesome.  Those are, quite literally, my favorite sacred music pieces, with a great deal going on in them musically, spiritually, and poetically, and could be inspiring/helpful to an aspiring Christian musician.

Tim Keller's new book on Prayer has received excellent reviews (I'm hoping it has my name on it on Christmas morning!).  He incorporates thoughts from  historical figures on prayer.  He is a cerebral PCA pastor in NYC.  Any of his books (he's written on poverty, the prodigal son) would be an excellent choice.

Sorry you're sick and I'll be praying for you (after Christmas, maybe I'll know better how to pray :P)

Has he ever read "Girl Meets God"?  That is the most beautiful book, and he might really enjoy it.  It's about a young woman who converts to being Episcopalian as an adult.  It juxtaposes the Western church year with the Jewish holiday cycle in a way that is very interesting.  Another spiritual (but not Christian) book that is focussed on the Jewish holiday cycle and that I really enjoy reading over and over is 'The Ladies' Auxiliary' which is about an orthodox Jewish community in Memphis.  I realize that both of those are 'girly' to some extent, but they are very well written and he might enjoy seeing a woman's spiritual POV.

Does he like sacred music?  If so, he might like CD's of Mendelsohn's 'Elijah', which is in English.  Or if he knows German, Bach's St. Matthew Passion is absolutely awesome.  Those are, quite literally, my favorite sacred music pieces, with a great deal going on in them musically, spiritually, and poetically, and could be inspiring/helpful to an aspiring Christian musician.

He advised Lauren Winner on her book! lol We loved it. (She's also a friend of SWB!)

He is more into blues lately--but thanks for the ideas, truly.

CDs from the choristers at Washington National Cathedral?

Any sweatshirts or briefcases with the insignia of his seminary?

New clerical shirts and collars from Almy's?

Does he have Barbara Brown Taylor's sermon books?

Books by Joan Chittester?

Books by Thomas Merton?

Guitar strings? picks? music writing paper (which you can probably print out online)

A pre-paid retreat somewhere?

My husband purchased himself this straight edge razor that he has been raving about for the last three months.  He is deployed, so he let all his buddies try it out, now they are all buying themselves one.  It is currently his most treasured possession.  It a Merkur safety razor.

Go to this link and read the advice of the first reviewer "Saph".  He'll tell you what to get.

http://www.amazon.com/Shaving-Merkur-Safety-Husband-Boyfriend/dp/B0010Y1KYA/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1418966106&sr=8-5&keywords=merkur+safety+razor