Menu

Need to up-grade my Samsung Galaxy

Jasperstone

My head is spinning reading all the reviews out there!!!! I'm now more confused than ever!

So, I thought I would take it here to you lovely people to get some real answers.

I want to up-grade my first ever smart phone (which is a dinosaur Galaxy ACE) to a bigger screen. I'm not a heavy user, but would like to stop having to enlarge the text every time I read something, and would like a decent camera and excellent audio clarity.

So far, I looked into the next one up which is a Trend Plus, the S11, and S3. The Trend seems to have the better of the reviews!

What are your experiences with the phones I've mentioned? Which one should I buy? ^_^

My boys had the international versions of the S3 until this last summer ( I'm guessing that's the same one you get in Oz!) and it's a solid little workhorse phone.  Screen is easy to read, interface is simple and it did everything with great battery life. 

They have both upgraded since to the international S5.  Battery life is even better and they love the big screen.  But if you don't want want to lug around a phone the size of a small tablet, then the S3 is a good choice.

BTW - the S2 (aka SII) had battery issues in the international version.  I would skip it and go with the S3 if you can.