Menu

PSA: Beware of Scams this Holiday Season!

mom2bee

I bought something on eBay on the 24th and paid via PayPal, the item was sent off and I was able to track it online and everything. This morning I awoke to a Very Official Looking email from PayPal saying that the payment didn't go through and that I needed to resolve the issue ASAP by paying again.

a--I messaged the seller to ask if they had gotten their money or not and

b--I contacted PayPal directly on the phone (that was a pain--took 10 minutes just to get a human on the phone!) and asked them about it.

The eBay customer service rep told me that everything was fine. My bank hadn't declined it, PayPal had gotten their money, the seller had gotten their money and that there WAS NO PROBLEM.

:huh:, I just got a message from the eBay seller and they said they got their money the exact same day that I sent it and my item is already in transit to me.

So I looked a little closer and lo and behold, this "Very Official Looking" email that I got this morning about the payment trouble? It came from the same email address "service@paypal.com", it looked pretty much like all the other PayPal letters I get, except it did not have the PayPal letter head on it!!!! I didn't even notice that until I looked through all the other PayPal letters I'd gotten recently.

I'm changing my PayPal password and I just wanted to put this out there!!!

Shop safe this holiday season ladies.