Menu

Stupid Songs that Get Stuck in Your Head

Jean in Newcastle

Currently it's "Thunderstruck" by AC/DC, as DS has been watching "Planes: Fire and Rescue." Last weekend we played around with learning the opening sequence on guitar, as DS wanted the music to be playing as he pretended to have his Smokejumper figures jump out of a plane - LOL!

This Al Yankovic Star Wars song.

It was in my head for two weeks. It was so loud in there it was hard to think or sleep. It was the strangest thing, I was starting to get worried about it.

Oops, there it goes again. May be Vader some day later, now he's just a small fry....

Ds found some of my playlists on my iPod and he has been singing and humming oldies that I love. The current fave is Drift Away by Dobie Gray. A month ago it was Feelin' Groovy by Simon and Garfunkel.

Dd is playing Let It Go and My Favorite Things for her piano recital so I hear them daily and find myself humming them all the time. Please make Let It Go stop!

Dd went through a Daniel Tiger phase nearly 2 YEARS ago...and I still find myself with them stuck in my head multiple times per week. I wake up with them repeating incessantly in my poor brain. Aaawwwful. When you have to go potty, stop and go right away...flush and wash and be on your way...when you feel so mad that you wanna roar, take a deep breath and count to four...

And so on.

You want to know what is stuck in my head right now?  The theme song from "Shaft"!  Other times I find myself humming the Macarena.  What is wrong with my brain?!  

What are songs you've had stuck in your head that you have no idea how they got there?  

I get this song stuck in my head every time I drive home from town.  I live just north of Millington, TN and one town North of me is the Hometown of Isaac Hayes, and there is a sign stating so, that I see every time I'm coming home from Millington.  

I can't link to the song stuck in my head because it's not really a song.

I've been playing non-stop Sims 3 lately and their completely not coherent music (especially the kids station since I adore the sounds that comes from it) has been stuck in my head ever since!

Doctor Who theme song when I started reading this thread.

I get this song stuck in my head every time I drive home from town.  I live just north of Millington, TN and one town North of me is the Hometown of Isaac Hayes, and there is a sign stating so, that I see every time I'm coming home from Millington.  

I lived in Northern Virginia for a while. Every time we drove in/near/through Chantilly, which was all the time because it was like the next town over, I'd get that "Chantilly Lace" song in my head. Drove me up the wall.

Dd went through a Daniel Tiger phase nearly 2 YEARS ago...and I still find myself with them stuck in my head multiple times per week. I wake up with them repeating incessantly in my poor brain. Aaawwwful. When you have to go potty, stop and go right away...flush and wash and be on your way...when you feel so mad that you wanna roar, take a deep breath and count to four...

And so on.

I'll add some... Grownups come back, and thank you, for everything you do :)