Menu

What are you getting your teen gals for christmas (not electronics!)?

AimeeM

I already have a bunch of Harry Potter wear in the basket to check out, from the HP fan site, and a couple of misc "other" on her list (a charm bracelet, nail art supplies, and a couple of books), but she likes receiving things to *do* with her hands and I'm at a loss.

Ugg boots (Bailey bows in brown with cream) 

Boot socks

Philospohy shower gel Cherry Christmas (a new shower gel is a yearly tradition)

Another pair of boots that she will pick out, likely leather

Sweaters

Tights

earrings

new phone cord, x-long

DKNY Delicious perfume (The green apple one in a set that also has some other scents)

BBW body butter in a scent she picked out.

nail files and new polish

One of mine is getting:

circuit stickers (from Maker, can also find them elsewhere)

kit to build an Edo-style clock (also from Maker and through Amazon)

yet another yoyo so she can make those around her crazy with her yoyoing

yarn

book with examples of crochet granny squares so she can have a crochet project that is can be completed quickly

In years past she has gotten

a trebuchet kit

lots of jigsaw puzzles

Bare Conductive kits (paint that conducts electricity so its easy to make light up paper cards, for instance)

Nanoblocks

Lego architecture kits

For things to do with your hands that aren't sewing/knitting/crocheting, I like the shop on the Maker site.

I have only one teen left!  Things she would like are a cute knit hat, a scarf, an itunes gift card, a blank journal, a sketch pad and some nice sketch pencils, leggings, a stationary making kit, a good book, Smartwool socks, a small travel perfume from Origins, an all-natural face mask from Lush, a gift certificate to the local movie theater, a coin purse.  We got her a scrapbook making kit one year that she enjoyed.  Also, one year we got her a personalized postage stamp making kit.  (It came on a DVD from Walmart;  you get to create your own postage stamp which is approved by the U.S. Postal Service).  She enjoyed a cupcake in a mug recipe book when she was an early teen.  (You make them in the microwave.)  Also, nail polish, cute hair barrettes and bobby pins, colorful markers, a bag of almonds.

I could go on but I'll stop there.  :)  (At one point I had 4 teens girls at once!)

"To do" things could be art supplies, craft projects, photography supplies, word search or other puzzles.

Does your dd do any sports or physical activities that she may need supplies for? Riding or horse stuff, for example? Gift certificate for rock/wall climbing?

My dd loves animals, so any calendar, book, poster, knick-knack with a cat, dog, horse or dolphin would do the trick.

http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Knifty-Knitter-Round-Looms/dp/B003IH8A5E/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1417149367&sr=8-9&keywords=loom+knitting

I bought this for my daughter a month ago.  She likes to have something to do while we read for school.  It was pretty easy for her to figure out, as she loves making things with her Rainbow Loom.  I'm probably going to get her some more yarn for Christmas and maybe another idea book or two to give her some new things to make.

My dd is getting scuba diving lessons and some necessary items to go with them. Dh is getting a scuba diving partner for Christmas ;). I also picked up a fresh journal and some pens as sticking stuffers. I might still hunt down a piano book for her as well. Her playing is also a gift to me as I love hearing her.

How about a gift card to a paint your own pottery place? Or a craft class at a local store (bead stores and paper stores often offer these). Maybe make it enough value that she can bring a friend, or go twice?

I think by "something to do" she means something to actively do while we're at Pop Pop's house for two weeks... away from her friends and moderate weather home, lol! She gets so "booooooored" (her words, not mine - I love the snowy weather at FIL's!).

Other than Electronics (x-box, sorry she's at that age) she wants a scarf that is like the one worn by a character in one of her Anime shows.  Her g-ma will be getting her a balaclava to wear "hunting" (they go walking in the woods carrying .22's, nothing has died yet).  DS will be getting her a Littlest Petshop, because she gets on e every year and probably will forever or until they quit making them.  I'll probably get her some more posters (either Doctor Who or Anime) and she wants some more manga novels (DH buys these for her).  My kid is.... unique in her tastes.

I am still confused about "non-electronic" and "teen" being in the same sentence. Dd14 wants an Alienware gaming computer. I also will pick her up some Lululemon for dance. She has to pay for the bulk of the computer with her job money.

Lol. With us, I just wanted to caveat that, in this post, because she already has plenty of electronics, of the newer variety, doesn't want or need more, but I know those tend to be the go-to recommendation :)

She is getting a Minecraft xbox game, though.

Well, she's getting an older DSLR (because a friend gave us his old Nikon D60 with the kit 18-55mm lens) as her main gift. In addition, she'll be getting UV filters, a circular polarizing filter, lens cleaner pen, camera case, book on using the camera, 10 pairs funky socks (5 Marvel, 5 Supernatural), 3 tshirts (Marvel chibi, Deadpool, and Guardians of the Galaxy), a dvd (her own copy of the Hogfather, which we watch every Winter Solstice), a small itunes gift card, and some candy. This will be split between her Winter Solstice gift (the camera and related materials), and her stocking on Christmas (the rest).