Menu

Can I call this good for today?

Finish reading current chapter in Rocketry.

Read Thanksgiving is … and a few Thanksgiving poems in picture book format.

Math

Handwriting

Practice piano

Please?  I do not want to do lessons any more than my children do.  I also do not want to go to the library or to a grocery store.  I need to do both before 5 pm.

Next dilemma, we finished our astronomy unit yesterday.  Except for one supplemental reading. We have two and a half chapters to go in Rocketry.  There are projects but I plan to skip them.  It is too cold and windy to do them outside and we are not launching rockets in the house.  

Our next unit is geology.  Would reading a book about rocket science alongside books on the formation of the earth be a strange combination?  My other option is read the rocketry book at lunchtime instead of literature.  I had planned to start The Best Christmas Pageant Ever next week.  I could postpone it.  Or should I hold off on starting geology until the following week?  I had planned for two weeks of geology followed by a week of Christmas stories. 

Honey, take a break. It's your school. You can a day off for Fall Holiday anytime you want.

You have my permission, though you don't need it. 

My plan for today is:

Breakfast
(long drive)
Doctor's appointment
Lunch at the Chinese buffet

(long drive)

Bake for tomorrow/kids play outside

Dinner

Hand kids over to Dad

So, yeah. Feel ok about taking a day off. 

We have done lighter days this whole week. Some PS kids around our area had the whole week off so I decided we could take it easy too. We did do some Thanksgiving unit study this week and science and math yesterday but today I decided some puzzles, dragonbox algebra on the tablets and outside playtime was good enough :)

What would they be doing if they were in school? 1/3 of the class would be absent, already traveling to see family, everybody would be in a holiday mood, they might have a party, they certainly wouldn't get much work done.

So have fun!

Yes today would definitely be a movie day if they were in school! My kids are watching the premier of Odd Squad on PBS since they have literally been counting it down for the past 2 months. Then I have to brave the grocery store. I told them we have to do math and have silent reading time at some point today but that is all I am requiring. It's our school so we can do whatever we want. Let yourself off the hook.

Yes today would definitely be a movie day if they were in school! My kids are watching the premier of Odd Squad on PBS since they have literally been counting it down for the past 2 months. Then I have to brave the grocery store. I told them we have to do math and have silent reading time at some point today but that is all I am requiring. It's our school so we can do whatever we want. Let yourself off the hook.

Math, there's an idea! I might make them do math. I probably won't. I am making them tidy up their room.

More than enough.

My 10th & 8th graders have a very light week- I planned it that way so they wouldn't start a new chapter in math, Science, or History, or a new project in Writing, until after the break. The majority of their plan page for today reads "Catch-up day" in case we didn;t get it all in Mon or Tues. Looks like there will only be a math test and a science test today.

And an orthodontist appointment.

:hurray:

You could add a field trip to the grocery store, followed by a home economics class, food science lab, and/or art lesson. 

Later today, we will be doing a food science lab on pie crusts and custards. It will be followed by a short art lesson on color.  You can create food dyes for fabrics with natural ingredients like cranberries and sweet potatoes. Some people call them "stains", but we're more educated here.  ;)

You could add a field trip to the grocery store, followed by a home economics class, food science lab, and/or art lesson. 

Later today, we will be doing a food science lab on pie crusts and custards. It will be followed by a short art lesson on color.  You can create food dyes for fabrics with natural ingredients like cranberries and sweet potatoes. Some people call them "stains", but we're more educated here.  ;)

The field trip was a milk run.  Home economics might be how to use a brush and dustpan to sweep up stray popcorn.   Then they can get some exercise by picking up stray LEGOs.   

We managed math, handwriting, and the Thanksgiving picture books.  Then we took a break to run our errands before lunch.  Dh was waiting for us when we got home.  His employer sent everyone home early.  It is unlikely we will finish the readings today.  Dh is too much of a distraction.  He has been assigned the tasks of overseeing piano practice and LEGO clean up.

My tasks for the rest of the day are laundry, cleaning, and baking pies.  

We are off this whole week and next Monday traveling. My MIL is a retired math teacher and both kids "played math" with her today...she has boxes and boxes of the most fun manipulatives and tons of ideas for games. So it was Fraction War with my DD plus she did something with Versa Tiles and my 3 year old, too. :)

Finish reading current chapter in Rocketry.

Read Thanksgiving is … and a few Thanksgiving poems in picture book format.

Math

Handwriting

Practice piano

Please?  I do not want to do lessons any more than my children do.  I also do not want to go to the library or to a grocery store.  I need to do both before 5 pm.

Next dilemma, we finished our astronomy unit yesterday.  Except for one supplemental reading. We have two and a half chapters to go in Rocketry.  There are projects but I plan to skip them.  It is too cold and windy to do them outside and we are not launching rockets in the house.  

Our next unit is geology.  Would reading a book about rocket science alongside books on the formation of the earth be a strange combination?  My other option is read the rocketry book at lunchtime instead of literature.  I had planned to start The Best Christmas Pageant Ever next week.  I could postpone it.  Or should I hold off on starting geology until the following week?  I had planned for two weeks of geology followed by a week of Christmas stories. 

Yes, call it good for today. :cheers2:

I think you're overthinking what to do next. :-)

Read "The Best Christmas Pageant" next week.

I cannot imagine why you can't do geology and Christmas stories simultaneously. :confused1:

Save the rest of rocketry until the spring, when the weather is nice enough to go outside and do the projects.

I had one child do his WWE 2 lessons that we missed yesterday. That is all the schoolwork I was up for today. The rest of the day has been spent getting ready for family tomorrow. Dh had to work but will do the pies when he gets home. Call it off.