Menu

iphone help

DawnM

I'm going to go with "yes."  iTunes and Apple in general are not fans of sharing accounts. There are thousands of posts on the Internet about people who started off sharing iTunes accounts and have problems with it later.

He will also need to register his iphone with his iTunes account.  (And you should unregister it from yours)

Because they now have "family sharing" for apps and music, you can set it up so he can still use the stuff you have already bought on your account.

No, he does not need his own itunes account. Three of us share one itunes account here, and we don't have any problems. He will need his own user name for icloud/me.com/whatever they're calling it these days. Once he has that, log into his phone under itunes & app store with the main itunes account. Then under Settings-->Messages-->Send & Receive, make sure you have his personal icloud email added there and ticked as the one to use. Untick the main itunes account email and any others that are ticked.

I don't think there's a max number of IDs, but I believe you can have a max of five devices on one iTunes acct.

I think this has changed. Looking back at the apple site, it looks like there is a max of 10 devices (including computers) and a max of 5 computers.

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT4627

But, I am not sure which devices count. I'm pretty sure we have more than 10 devices associated with ours. Hmm...

eta: Maybe using different apple IDs with phones is helping with that? I don't know.

I think this has changed. Looking back at the apple site, it looks like there is a max of 10 devices (including computers) and a max of 5 computers.

But, I am not sure which devices count. I'm pretty sure we have more than 10 devices associated with ours. Hmm...

eta: Maybe using different apple IDs with phones is helping with that? I don't know.

Oh good to know. I thought we were almost at our limit.

Oh dear.

We have:

3 iphones

3 ipads

2 computers

We are still good.