Menu

Those who use dragon box algebra

I have a question. I just bought the first algebra app, dragon box 5+ and my 8 year old made it through all the chapters in 2 hours. She wants to play more so I was wondering what dragon box 2 was like. Can kids younger then 12 get it without too much frustration if they have done well with the first lessons?

I would just go ahead and buy it but for 8$ I thought a little research first would be a good idea :) Thanks for any input

I have a young child that flew through the Dragonbox 5+ app, and I put off the 12+ thinking it would be too hard. But it is so intuitive that they figure it out. It is so much fun for her, and has really come in handy when I need to explain something (remember in Dragonbox, when...)

Really, it does move faster and goes more in depth, but I highly recommend it. It is great problem solving, and it really did give her a sense of algebraic thinking. We are now doing Hands on Equations and it just makes sense to her...she can often relate things to Dragonbox which seems to help!

In fact, we had a random PEMDAS discussion today involving distributive property. Dragonbox 12+ has this really cool feature that involves water bubbles and ice blocks to force you to use order of operations. Dd said, oh, I get it! I have to break the ice first:)

• 9 years later...