Menu

WWE 1 or 2?

bttrflyvld

I'm hoping to use the cyber monday sale and get some of our stuff for next year.  Now to my question.  This will be for my daughter who will be in 2nd grade when she uses it.  She struggles with penmanship and writing.  Would you recommend her start out with WWE 1 or 2?  I've looked at the samples and 1 almost seems like a better place to start (more simple), but is WW2 better for 2nd grade? 

Oh and would you buy the instuctors text as well as the workbook?

Another vote for WWE 1 as a starting point at that age. She may do fine with WWE2 but there's no rush. . . WWE2 is proving to be tricky for my 8yo but not for my 7yo so go figure! WWE2 starts the dications and some of them are quite tricky!

I bought both. Don't need both. The student book has all the dictations and copy work etc picked out for you. the text just tells you what kind of a sentence to look for - how many words, what kind of grammar, etc. So if you'd rather pick your own sentences, you'll only need the text. If you'd rather not spend the time, the student book would be a better option. The text does have the theory behind writing as SWB sees it, so if that interests you, maybe you'd want both too lol (but she also has a seminar available for download ;) )

The text that previous poster is talking about is the complete writer. What you want is to buy the text for each level. That's whete the stories for narration are, and dictations and copy work. All the student text is, is lines for the student to do their copy work, and dictations. I just use a notebook for that and forgo the student text.

It is up to you: The workbook is a full year's worth and open and go - everything is there for you, which is why most people seem to use this. The instructor text explains what is needed for each year and then you can pick your own passages and dictations - this does work for some people, but many are too busy or do not feel confident enough to pick passages and ask their own questions on the passage.

If you get the workbook you do not need the instructor text. If you get the instructor text then you do not need the workbook though some people do get both so they can see the broad picture all the way through WWE4 and yet have the open and go option of the workbooks.

It is up to you: The workbook is a full year's worth and open and go - everything is there for you, which is why most people seem to use this. The instructor text explains what is needed for each year and then you can pick your own passages and dictations - this does work for some people, but many are too busy or do not feel confident enough to pick passages and ask their own questions on the passage.

If you get the workbook you do not need the instructor text. If you get the instructor text then you do not need the workbook though some people do get both so they can see the broad picture all the way through WWE4 and yet have the open and go option of the workbooks.

Thank you so much.  I get it now.