Menu

Just got Amazon Prime as a gift - what to stream???

One thing Amazon Prime has streaming is these educational videos by New Dimension Media. Lots of these. Some of them are kind of cool, but they are drier/more strictly educational. Depending on what you like, they also have classic Mr. Rogers, Electric Company and Reading Rainbow that Netflix definitely doesn't have. I can't keep up with what is on Amazon vs. Netflix sometimes, but Amazon tends to have more of some of the other PBS shows. Not guaranteeing that these have more, but (I think) CyberChase, Fetch with Ruff Ruffman, Curious George. Check any of the PBS shows you like. Also, we don't watch these, but Amazon has the nickelodeon shows. So if you are a fan of Dora, Diego, Phineas and Ferb, Backyardigans (these all might be too young for yours). The only ones I like are Blue's Clues, but again I think too young for yours, except maybe the 5yo. Amazon has a couple of their "own" shows and the one that gets mentioned a lot as being not awful / promoting stem is Annedroids. My 5 yo has also watched their "Creative Galaxy" but that is on the verge of being too young for him. I know there is some overlap with documentaries, but Amazon does have some Netflix doesn't. The thing about Amazon Prime (imo) is that their interface for searching is way worse on the TV itself compared to Netflix. I recommend looking for things on your desktop.