Menu

Pls help! I just typed up a newsletter in Word and I can't find it.

Chris in VA

I just spent an hour typing up a newsletter and then clicked the X to get out of it. The computer asked me if I want to save changes to whatever it was called, and I said yes. Then it disappeared. Now I can't find it. (I tried looking in documents, no go. I tried a search based on text in the newsletter--can't find it. I tried praying. Still can't find it.)

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm desperate.

Did you close out Word? There's usually a "Recently Edited" option that you can select and it will give you the last few documents.

This would be my first course of action. But if for some reason it doesn't work, can you backtrack? Word (at least on my Mac) will usually save something in whatever folder you were in when you opened it. So, if you were doing a spreadsheet in a folder called Taxes, your new document could be in taxes.

I sometimes find things in my downloads file, which on a Mac is different from documents.

Another thing to do is to look at all your files and then arrange (view) chronologically by date modified. Your new file should be near the top.

ETA I love Kiana's method.