Menu

Thankful friend's dd is okay

mom31257

It was horrible to hear the news about the shooting in Florida.

My son is a university student (not the same school) and there was a warning just a few weeks ago about someone making threats against students at the school.  Thankfully the man was found  before he was able to make good on his threats to shoot students in the library...the campus IT people worked with police to find the location of the computer where he was making these threats.   They found him at night in a campus building and arrested him.  Apparently he wanted to shoot the students in the library who talked too loudly.  

I had warned my son about the bums who sleep in the campus libraries...they were tolerated when I was in school and apparently this continues.   The guy gave police an address of some kind of "street youth" facility rather than a home address.  He did, however, have an iphone...

I have to wonder if this shooting, given the hour that it happened, could be of a similar nature.