Menu

Mr. Q Anatomy?

Has anyone seen this? I've never quite been able to spend $50 for an .pdf, but dd was in hysterics over the dill pickle autopsy. http://www.eequalsmcq.com/AnPChapterDwnld.htm

We actually need more of a unit study to fill in around the edges for life science. Dd has covered quite a bit of content on ecology, habitats, evolution, etc on her own, so we need to cover cells, botany (both Ellen McHenry) and anatomy.

So I guess my question is, would Mr. Q's high school Anatomy a.) be do-able as an apx 16 week course for an advanced logic stage student? (Tests are 5 weeks of the class, and we could maybe skip those- it looks like some systems are covered over 2 weeks- maybe cover them with a little less depth in one?)

From the sample it looks vocab intensive, but explained in a clear way. We'd probably skip separate vocabulary work in language arts.

I do have this as a .pdf from a dollar days sale. Body book, but dd is more project-y on her on terms. It might be too much cut/ color/ paste work.

I really should not clean off my book shelves when it's cold. I start trying to plan....

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

A little update:  we tried the first 2 chapters, and decided to shelve it for now.  Just so many vocabulary words.  My kid shut down.  So we are doing The Brain from Ellen J McHenry instead.  I will save the Anatomy & Physiology for later.