Menu

Here I Thought I Was Going To Get A Break

EndOfOrdinary

For the last two years Ds has been working to get his website and non profit coalition together. The last non-profit status pitch is in two weeks. All the branding proofs should come any day now. The website should go live in January. Years worth of work is all coming together. It is seriously gratifying, but even more it is light at the end of a significant uphill tunnel.

I was really looking forward to a few months off. The environmental rally scene does not pick up again till March and all his speaking events are around Earth Day. Mom was wanting some chill time. You know, snow, drippy coffee weather, big sweaters and snuggly leggings...

Then tonight he got offered a hosting position for weekly radio show discussing kids, youth, and climate change. Ugh... To hopefully begin in January...Double ugh....He is excited, though. Nervous to do live radio, but excited.

I sort of wanted to stomp my foot and declare "Seriously!" and have a small hissy. I contained myself. This is important to him...but I am exhausted just thinking about it! I guess this is my digital hissy fit. Six more years and he can drive himself places! Thank you for letting me whine.

He sounds awesome!  I'd love to see his website when it is live.  We are environmentalists, and it would be really cool to show my kids!

One of the major features of his website is a place where kids can talk or contribute their thoughts.  If your kids want to take a movie (with webcam, iPad, iPhone, regular digital camera) sharing their thoughts, opinions, what they want the world to hear from kids, WHATEVER.  Then he takes them to his videography mentor (Balance Media) and they edit them and are posting to a YouTube feed.  The videos can be any length up to 2:30 minutes.  No need to put up a name or anything identifiable on it if you want to keep their privacy.  If they want to include their first name and age that is great too.  No last names or addresses or anything.  I'm really trying to get Ds to realize that the internet is awesome to connect people, but that some people have less than noble intentions.

He is calling his web-network Generation Earth.  The YouTube feed is called Hey World!  I don't know if they care, but if they want to be involved that would be awesome!

Ask the radio station to provide transport. Seriously you don't have to do everything. If they want him that bad they will provide transport and if they don't he can survive without doing it.

Ok I would take him too but I would remind myself that I had a choice first.

Thank you all! We had a lazy day yesterday and just slept in! It was delicious. I think I need to remind myself that the original plan was to have all the climate work be part of school not additional to school. Since the adults all have jobs, so much of the work is in evenings, and slowly it became school AND climate work. Definitely going to re-evaluate and hack away a few things.

Thanks again for listening to my pity party.