Menu

Trouble posting in Classifieds

Joyful

I've been trying to post an ad For Sale in the Classifieds section since yesterday.

I keep getting an error message that I am not allowed access unless I have at

least one post in the forums. But I have a number of posts on the forums, the

most recent in Aug of 2014. Can someone please help? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I made an update to the forums. See if the problem is still happening.

It's still happening for me.  I have not been able to post in the Classifieds for over six months, and I've tried everything I can think of  -- different platforms (Linux, Internet Explorer, etc.), different locations (home, two different public libraries).  It's frustrating.

When I attempted to post on the Classifieds board now, I could click on Add an Advertisement, and I could Select a Category.  Once I did that though, I received the message:

"You cannot access this feature. The Well-Trained Mind community requires at least one post on the forums before using this feature."

and was logged out.  I have over 11,000 posts, so clearly post number should not be an issue.

HELP!

Regards,

Kareni

I just tried to post an ad a few minutes ago. Still getting the same error message.

I noticed that on the page where I type in the ad information, on the bottom of the page, it

says "no permission" even though I was signed in, and have had a number of posts.

Can you please advise me as to what to do?

I was a member since before the change of the system....

Do you think that maybe part of the problem, that somehow in the change over, something

didn't transfer with my account?

Do you think I should just create a new account, since I've been having this trouble for

a month and a half?

Thanks.

what's frustrating to me about this is, the error you are receiving is from an old plugin that we deleted!

That is odd -- a zombie plugin!  Please let us know if you manage a fix.  What is curious to me is that it does not seem to affect all users since clearly some people manage to post on the Classifieds board.  Is there any difference that you can determine?  Are those who can post newer members of the board? 

Regards,

Kareni

I am making some changes in the next few days that hopefully will fix quite a bit of the issues.

UPDATE: 

I was able to post new Classifieds for one day.  When I went the next day to update the ad due to a sale, I could not EDIT.  I could however push the ad.  I could not post a new ad.

Today, I can edit my Classified ads as well as push them.  (I don't know if I can post a new ad.)

Regards,

Kareni

• 3 weeks later...

I am making some changes in the next few days that hopefully will fix quite a bit of the issues.

UPDATE: 

I was able to post new Classifieds for one day.  When I went the next day to update the ad due to a sale, I could not EDIT.  I could however push the ad.  I could not post a new ad.

Today, I can edit my Classified ads as well as push them.  (I don't know if I can post a new ad.)

And today's UPDATE:

Once again, I can push the ad but not edit it.  SIGH.

Regards,

Kareni

• 2 weeks later...