Menu

font help please (anyone might know the answer to this)

wapiti

I'm having trouble with fonts changing on me again, in different paragraphs.  In order to change them to a uniform font and size, I need to know the actual name and size of the default font, but I can't figure it out.  Can someone tell me what it is, please?  Thank you!!!

Thank you John!!  That is close and works, but still isn't the default font I see when I simply type and post.

(I'm thinking the problem is with my Windows, which has been partly broken ever since the Patch Tuesday updates in August.  One day I need to reinstall Windows 7 but that's such a huge pain!)

I'm having trouble with fonts changing on me again, in different paragraphs.  In order to change them to a uniform font and size, I need to know the actual name and size of the default font, but I can't figure it out.  Can someone tell me what it is, please?  Thank you!!!

Another option is to remove the font tags. Look at the edit box - up in the left hand corner, there's a square, right above the bolding "B" button.  If you click that square, it toggles back and forth between the WySIWYG view (basically, a preview of your post) and the underlying code view.  Click it until you are in code view.  Now look for the tags that are changing the font.  They will look something like this:

(font=Verdana)This text will be in the Verdana font.(/font)

EXCEPT that it will be [square brackets] instead of (parenthesis).

If you remove each "font" tag and each "/font" tag, including the brackets, then the font will be the default style.

You can toggle back to the WYSIWYG view to check, although for me I can't always see the font change until I hit post.

The more important question is why this is happening in the first place.  It was happening to me a lot about a month ago, but seems to have died down somewhat; not sure if that's because of something I'm doing (or not doing).  All that would be a question for OtherJohn.

Another option is to remove the font tags. Look at the edit box - up in the left hand corner, there's a square, right above the bolding "B" button. If you click that square, it toggles back and forth between the WySIWYG view (basically, a preview of your post) and the underlying code view. Click it until you are in code view. Now look for the tags that are changing the font. They will look something like this:

(font=Verdana)This text will be in the Verdana font.(/font)

EXCEPT that it will be [square brackets] instead of (parenthesis).

If you remove each "font" tag and each "/font" tag, including the brackets, then the font will be the default style.

You can toggle back to the WYSIWYG view to check, although for me I can't always see the font change until I hit post.

The more important question is why this is happening in the first place. It was happening to me a lot about a month ago, but seems to have died down somewhat; not sure if that's because of something I'm doing (or not doing). All that would be a question for OtherJohn.

You always have such good tech posts. I am still grateful to your posts during the images /copyright thing.

If OtherJohn is following -- I would love to see some of this advice pinned.

I remember in the images search, I could only go back a year or so. There was a way to go back further, but I lost the post telling how.

You always have such good tech posts. I am still grateful to your posts during the images /copyright thing.

If OtherJohn is following -- I would love to see some of this advice pinned.

Aww, gee, thanks.  :-)

I'd also like to see a "tech tips" kind of thing.  Perhaps a sub-forum where tech-y people could post "how to" things, one "how to" topic per thread.

Aww, gee, thanks. :-)

I'd also like to see a "tech tips" kind of thing. Perhaps a sub-forum where tech-y people could post "how to" things, one "how to" topic per thread.

That is a wonderful idea. The high school board with the pinned bio & chem textbook is so handy. I would love to get tech tips quickly. Probably a lot of us forget what website we used to resize avatar pictures, for example. Having those walk through so at fingertips would be great.