Menu

Black Friday homeschool sales

I'm starting this thread for people to add any Black Friday or pre-Christmas sales on homeschooling materials. Last year, Pandia Press offered a 40% sale on everything, Black Friday only, and I'm hoping they do again. Also, Peace Hill Press offered a 40% sale on downloads and 30% sale on shippables on December 1 last year, so maybe they will again.

Not Black Friday, or even before Christmas, but Mr. Q's Science has been 50% off for the last few years in January.

http://eequalsmcq.com/

I am planning ahead and ordering the Kitchen Chemistry this winter.

We've bought from that sale twice now and will buy the Physical Science if he does the sale again in January.

Facebook says that Geography Matters had a big Cyber Monday sale last year, so I'm watching for that one again so I can buy Trail Guide to US Geography.

Wait, why am I in this thread if I promised myself I would buy nothing else this year except Beast Academy, which I'm sure will not be on a Black Friday sale? How did I get here? I'm bewildered. :D

Likewise, I already decided to do my shopping in February. Not now. But there might be some deals I can't pass up....

From Math Mammoth:

You can now get 25% off of all Math Mammoth & Make It Real Learning downloads & CDs at Kagi. Use the coupon code THANKSGIVING.

The sale starts TODAY and runs till Monday, December 1, 2014.

You can go to www.MathMammoth.com first, find a book or product you want, and from there follow the links to Kagi's order pages.

Or, if you know what you want, you can find direct links to the order pages at Kagi on this page: http://homeschoolmath.blogspot.com/2014/11/math-mammoth-thanksgiving-sale.html

Today Amazon has some Learning Resources products on lightning deals. I got the Learning Cash Register for $16 and the Sneaky Snacky Squirrel game for $11. Both were on Christmas lists. Yay!😀

Zulily also has Quercetti marble runs and Magformers right now. I'm not sure how the prices compare to other places though.

Wow, so Black Friday and Cyber Monday are in different months. I wonder if that will increase sales on both days, for people using cash and debit cards instead of credit cards.

There is nothing I want, yet, but having the two big sale days in different months would change the amount of money I'd have to spend.

Wow, so Black Friday and Cyber Monday are in different months. I wonder if that will increase sales on both days, for people using cash and debit cards instead of credit cards.

There is nothing I want, yet, but having the two big sale days in different months would change the amount of money I'd have to spend.

I did notice last year that some stores did sales one day or the other but not both, or they didn't do anything for Black Friday but started a longer sale on Cyber Monday. So who knows? Maybe two different on the will mean more sales overall?

I was just bummed that I didn't know there would be internet sales on Black Friday, and I was away from home and didn't think to check. This year, I will be checking, no matter what else is going on. 40% off of two $44 history plans would be really nice, and I bypassed their September sale in hopes that they'd do the 40% at BF again.

What page? Their FB page?

Now that I think about it, the link was in an email. I recently placed an order so I was in their system. I didn't see it on their website and I'm not on FB. I can't imagine it'd only be for current customers so I would email and ask to be on the list for the earlybird special, as they call it.

Now that I think about it, the link was in an email. I recently placed an order so I was in their system. I didn't see it on their website and I'm not on FB. I can't imagine it'd only be for current customers so I would email and ask to be on the list for the earlybird special, as they call it.

So just to make sure because the company names and abbreviations are so similar, you all are talking about EIW Essentials in Writing not excellence in writing. Just want to make sure I email the right company.

Amazon's Lightning deals today read like a Thinkfun catalog:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/ref=nav_cs_gb

They will have: Turnstile Puzzle, Rush Hour, Smart Mouth, Roll and Play,  Snack Attack,  Zingo 1-2-3, Cartoon It, Chocolate Fix, Solitaire Chess, Tipover, Rush Hour Jr. , River Crossing, Shape By Shape,  Tilt,  Bug Trails, PathWords, UnHinged, Block By Block,  Pathwords Jr , Visual Brainstorms, Swish

This could be a loooooong day, stalking the page. :tongue_smilie:

ETA: Some deals have Prime early access, and it seems they are selling out even within that time window.

I think I heard in Pudewa's November newsletter video that IEW will have a big sale on cyber Monday, possibly scratch & dent items?

ETA: Use code CLEARANCE14 to get 50% off clearance items Dec. 1-5.

EIW is having a Black Friday "special" but you have to sign up on their page to get the earlybird deal.

So just to make sure because the company names and abbreviations are so similar, you all are talking about EIW Essentials in Writing not excellence in writing. Just want to make sure I email the right company.

Correct.

I just got an email today that Veritas Press is having a Black Friday - Cyber Monday sale on the following:

25% off self-paced History, Bible and Omnibus

25% off Phonics Museum Combo Kit

25% off History and Bible cards
25% off Pages of History Set

Free drawstring backpack with the purchase of an Omnibus textbook