Menu

Molluscum contagiosum?

Has anyone else's kids ever had this? My son has been recently diagosed with it and it is spreading on his arms and legs bad. Apparently it is very common but I have never heard of it before my nephew had it last year. I know my son got it from him, yet my other children have not had it and were around him too.

Did you find any treatment that worked for it?

Has anyone else's kids ever had this? My son has been recently diagosed with it and it is spreading on his arms and legs bad. Apparently it is very common but I have never heard of it before my nephew had it last year. I know my son got it from him, yet my other children have not had it and were around him too.

Did you find any treatment that worked for it?

I am soooo sick of molluscum! I've made it my personal goal to develop some kind of a miracle cure for it b/c it is so menacing. My 3 younger dc's have had it, and 2 still do. Theirs is on their legs a few scattered on their pelvis and chest area. They look like little warts at first, but my dc's have grown huge and kinda erupted. It may be b/c they pick at them, though. We've tried Aldera, but that really did nothing. I've tried Iodine and compound W patches, but nothing changed. We went last week to the Dr. and he said he has seen cases lasting 5 years! My dd7 had them on her butt, and hers took 1 year to resolve. My ds9 has had his for over a year and as soon as one goes away, another pops up. I've looked online and they do have natural remedies that I haven't tried yet. My dc do not look as bad as I've seen online. They are a few scattered here and there,but nothing too noticeable really. I wish I could figure the cause of it. My ds12 is the only one who doesn't have them. The only thing different with him is that he doesn't bathe with the youngers and he is not my biological son. So is it genetics or a virus? I know it is supposed to be a virus, but it's just weird that all of us don't have it. KWIM? My next step is to order the stuff online and try it. I love for my babies skin to be soft and smooth. They can also be agitating when they pick at them. Have you found or heard of any cures? Oh yeah, my mil suggested tea tree oil? Not too sure about it, but it's worth a try!

It's viral for sure. My nephew bathed with both my boys 7 & 4(4 yo has it now) but we are careful now not to let my boys bathe together or reuse towels or washclothes. I wash them in hot water. I found a website and I am getting ready to order stuff I hope will work....it's called Silver Cure.

http://www.molluscum.com/?gclid=CKb54OWWs5ECFQMsFQodNTRZdQ

not cheap though.

My brother said they used Retin A on my nephew and his is completely gone it took about a year. My son already has eczema so this is not helping at all. He is itchy and misserable and the bumps are spreading and getting worse.

Has anyone else used the SIlver Cure?

It's viral for sure. My nephew bathed with both my boys 7 & 4(4 yo has it now) but we are careful now not to let my boys bathe together or reuse towels or washclothes. I wash them in hot water. I found a website and I am getting ready to order stuff I hope will work....it's called Silver Cure.

http://www.molluscum.com/?gclid=CKb54OWWs5ECFQMsFQodNTRZdQ

not cheap though.

My brother said they used Retin A on my nephew and his is completely gone it took about a year. My son already has eczema so this is not helping at all. He is itchy and misserable and the bumps are spreading and getting worse.

Has anyone else used the SIlver Cure?

Thanks, I'm going to order now and try it as well. Keep me posted on how it's working for you! Thanks again!

Do you think the basic pack will be enough for 2 dc or should I get the family pack? I was just wondering if the family pack would be too much?

I'd say if you are treating 2 kiddos go ahead and get the family pack. Looks like you can use if for other skin irritations too. I am waiting on payday and I am ordering the family pack. That way if anyone else starts getting it I can treat immediately.

If you do use it take before and after photos!!

We desperately need you to find out what the Rx was for *G* Really we do:confused:

I waited and tried all kinds of things, to no avail. It ended up that my poor son had to go into in patient surgery to have his molloscum removed. We tried an in-office quick procedure but he couldn't handle it. I wish I would have done something sooner.

Good news is once he had them physically removed, he never had another problem with them.

I highly recommend that you take your child in to see a dermatologist ASAP.

Both my DDs had molluscum last year.

I tried tea tree oil - didn't work. We tried silver (although not specifically silvercure) - didn't work.

It is viral. It takes a long time to get rid of. Best practices are to not scratch or pick (the ooze is contagious and will spread it). No shared baths. Fresh towels after each bath. It takes 6 months to a year (sometimes longer) to go away. Our Dr. said they can rake the spots to try and clear it up faster, but there is chance of scarring, so we let it go. Neither of my DDs got it on their face - just torso, arms, buttocks, legs - so I was able to be patient with it. I also feel that letting the body take care of it helps build up that immunity.

HTH.

Both of my sons have had it, and in both cases it cleared up after we started praying for it. Why it takes me so long to think of praying for something I don't know!

I took the first child into the ped. And he recommended a dermatalogist that treats them with some kind of beetle juice (that's my term - I can't remember exactly what part of the beetle is used:eek:. This was his recommendation. He said other derm. will try to burn them off, but that could leave scarring.

We decided to wait it out because ds heard the part of the beetle juice being uncomfortable (stinging?) for a day or so. And then we started praying!

About the silver stuff - I read about that online as well at the time. And I recall also seeing warnings against using it - but i don't remember the particular danger. You may want to google about its safety.

Both my sons have had it. We just waited for it to go away and it did - took a while though.

Laura

Yep, same here. It took about 18 months to completely run its course through my two boys. Fortunately, theirs was confined to the abdomen area.

I know they contracted it from the public swimming pool. My two nephews each got their cases from contact sports; football and wrestling. Ewww those wrestling mats are nasty!

I just asked DH and he's pretty sure the dr. prescribed Aldara. [edit: warning...that page finally loaded for me and there are quite a few pictures of genital warts...genitals and all] The dr. did warn me that we might get some questions at the pharmacy trying to fill that for a 7yo since it is commonly used for genital warts.

It did work! HTH!