Menu

Name my baby-just for fun

Desert Strawberry

I'm having my 5th baby is less than 8 weeks  :w00t: 

We haven't even really talked about names yet. D likes to wait until the very last minute of which I am not a fan.  <_< 

We have 4 boys:

Benjamin
Jeffrey
Jason
William

We have a short list for boy names:

Nicholas
Isaac
Sean

Middle name is Daniel (my father).

Girls...We got nothing. 
I have a few ideas, but nothing I'm married to. 
Middle name is Amelia (my mother, who passed 5 years ago).

If you were naming my baby girl, what would you choose?

ETA: I like names ending in -a and -y, and prefer very feminine sounding names. 

Edit 2: Middle name is NOT Amelia. Maybe Romero. Now I'm starting all over.

Not A or Y, but I love Josephine Amelia.

From you boy choices I like Nicholas Daniel. Each name has an L, and you have one Greek name and one Hebrew name instead of two Hebrew names. I like to mix name origins.

My niece is names Josephine and they call her "Josey." I love that!

I like Isaac Daniel.

I don't think you can have a name that ends with -y or -a with Amelia as a middle name.  

LOVE that name.  Could it be the first name?  Do you say it closer to 3 syllables or 4?  

My mother was Amelia Estella. I like all those vowels.

Uh MEEL yuh

It could be the first name- Amelia Faye- but I don't love it that much. We would need a nick name. Not Amy. That was my mom, and I'm not comfortable with that. I don't care for Millie or Mia. 

Well, if it's "just for fun", I'm a fan of Agatha as a name (yes, really!), but that would sound awful. Agatha Amelia. Blech.

Mary Amelia? Caroline Amelia? Elizabeth Amelia, Evangeline Amelia, Sarah Amelia? How do you feel about nicknames, btw?

I feel exactly the same about Agatha. 

Caroline, Elizabeth, and Sarah are all up for consideration. 

Evangeline and Mary are already in heavy use. 

Nicknames are highly preferable.

I would name her Lyra or Luna, because those are the names you have previously said that you like and I don't see anything wrong with them.

I'm not a big TV watcher or celebrity follower, but I don't see why Luna couldn't be called Lou or Lulu for short until the celebrity's 15 minutes of fame pass.

But that's just me.

I hope you come up with something you LOVE!

Hmm. Maybe I won't use Amelia. I already named one kid after her. But then I have no idea. MN must be a family name.

Are there any last names that can work for a middle name? I have a "Robinson" in my family tree and, though it never actually happened, I kept thinking of maybe using "Robinson" or "Robbins/Robin" as a middle name.

Well, if nicknames are preferred that opens the road up wildly. You can give a first name that has a nickname ending with -a or -y, easy peasy. Elizabeth Amelia could be Isabella, Lizzie, Lisa, Ella or Ellie, or maybe Bethie. Sarah could be Sally or Sadie (or just Sarah, of course). Catherine could be Katie or Cathy or Kitty. Josephine could be Josie or Jodie.

Margaret Amelia? She could be Maggie or Meggy or Peggy. Um... Lily Amelia? Cecily, as somebody suggested, I like that, but then, I do like old fashioned names.

I feel exactly the same about Agatha. 

Caroline, Elizabeth, and Sarah are all up for consideration. 

Evangeline and Mary are already in heavy use. 

Nicknames are highly preferable.

My Amelia was supposed to be Lia but....she became Melly and now often Mel.  Mia is also a pretty trendy nickname for Amelia.

I would name her Lyra or Luna, because those are the names you have previously said that you like and I don't see anything wrong with them.

I'm not a big TV watcher or celebrity follower, but I don't see why Luna couldn't be called Lou or Lulu for short until the celebrity's 15 minutes of fame pass.

But that's just me.

I hope you come up with something you LOVE!

D already ruled out Luna due to a personal association. 

I'm not sure about Lyra. 

Are there any last names that can work for a middle name? I have a "Robinson" in my family tree and, though it never actually happened, I kept thinking of maybe using "Robinson" or "Robbins/Robin" as a middle name.

We've used the obvious ones, Taylor and Oliver. 

I am petitioning for Romero. It means rosemary and is the name of D's Cajun family-the one we use to claim our heritage. You know, "Who's your family?"

I would love Margaret or Marguerite for D's grandmother, who I adore. So far he has said no. 

D likes Idolie, after his great-great grandmother, who was apparently an exceptionally well loved woman. 

I know it makes for a NAME, but I actually think that with multi-syllabic names it works to just go all out:)

My dd''s name is Alexandria Isobel, with a second middle name...and if this one was a girl it was going to be Anastastia Aurora (also with a 2nd middle name). I think it can flow nicely to pull all the sounds together, an it certainly provides a huge selection of possible nicknames, lol.

Our problem is going to be finding a boy name that matches. I shall have to have a baby naming assist from the Hive in a few weeks:)

Of your boy name options, I like Isaac the best with Daniel.

For girls, I support the Cecily suggestion (but I'm biased, as I have one of those ;)).  Margaret and Elizabeth both have plenty of nickname possibilities and sound good with Amelia in the middle, plus I think they fit very well stylistically with your boys' names.  Other ideas...

Eleanor

Alice

Vivian

Natalie

Lorelei

Annabel

I know I'm not really going with the -y or -a endings, but I had a hard time finding names with those endings that (I felt) flowed really well with Amelia.

If you end up moving away from Amelia as the middle, Cordelia could be a good first name choice.  But Cordelia Amelia would just be silly, so don't do that. ;)

I think of the three boy names, Isaac sounds best with Daniel.

I have nothing to offer for a girl. I like Amelia as a first name, and it flows easily into a ton of middle names. Dd was going to do Amelia Marie with her first baby, but it wound up being dgs, and she changed her mind when she had dgd.

We've used the obvious ones, Taylor and Oliver.

I am petitioning for Romero. It means rosemary and is the name of D's Cajun family-the one we use to claim our heritage. You know, "Who's your family?"

I would love Margaret or Marguerite for D's grandmother, who I adore. So far he has said no.

D likes Idolie, after his great-great grandmother, who was apparently an exceptionally well loved woman.

Ramona Margo Idolie

I didn't know you used Oliver. I wanted to use it...didn't happen. My fave middle name of my kids is the one that is main last name in Roy's maternal family.

Ramona Margo Idolie

I didn't know you used Oliver. I wanted to use it...didn't happen. My fave middle name of my kids is the one that is main last name in Roy's maternal family.

The other two are Ian and Charles. 

I don't think I'd like three names. I had three. It's a mouthful.

I 've thought Daniella. I might consider that. I would like something from Derek's family, though.