Menu

Which version (copyright year) of Dolciani Pre-Algebra?

Answers, not solutions, are given for the odd problems. I only assign the odd problems, anyway. There are so many problems given for each section that assigning them all would be overkill.

I do not have a TM. If we encounter trouble with a concept, we look for videos online.

My dd is better at math than I am (and I am pretty good at it myself). I work out any problems she misses so that we can go over them together. A handful of times I have gotten stuck; working through my work together has helped her see where I went wrong, which is often where she herself went wrong, so she ends up solving her own problem. I like it much better this way than if we just resorted to a solutions manual if we felt stuck.

I have a 1973, 1970 version. It starts with set theory, and uses a bit of set theory and axioms to prove and explain each new topic it introduces.

I have seen the 1980s versions and while they are better than most modern books, they lack the underlying unity and explanation of the 1970 version.