Menu

Need strength for today.

lollie010

I am going to visit a friend who recently lost her five year old son in a car accident. :( I have a boy the same age. I can't imagine what I will say. She has two precious girls--around 10 and 7. Her husband is not living with them. He left the home a few months before the car accident and hasn't returned. It's just her and the girls. Sorrow upon sorrow.

We are both Christian, but I'm not the type to walk in with words about God's will and a better place.

I guess I'm going to take a chicken pot pie, cookies, some yellow mums and a craft project for the girls. Deep breath.

Yes, I've done that type of visit, and the biggie is that you come.  So many people will stay away because they don't know how to handle it.

It's OK to say, "I don't know what to say, but I just feel so sad for you."  Also tell her that it's fine if she just wants you to stay a little while.

I am so sorry to hear about this.  This would be difficult. I'd probably just hug her and tell her how sorry I was.  I agree with letting her take the lead and see if she wants to talk or just be quiet. Bless you for going I know it's so much easier to stay away in this situation. I think you are doing exactly what she needs right now. It's ok to cry with her.

I am going to visit a friend who recently lost her five year old son in a car accident. :( I have a boy the same age. I can't imagine what I will say. She has two precious girls--around 10 and 7. Her husband is not living with them. He left the home a few months before the car accident and hasn't returned. It's just her and the girls. Sorrow upon sorrow.

We are both Christian, but I'm not the type to walk in with words about God's will and a better place.

I guess I'm going to take a chicken pot pie, cookies, some yellow mums and a craft project for the girls. Deep breath.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug: