Menu

Weeping Angel and lots of teens Update post 10

Jann in TX

Update post 10!

DH surprised dd with a life-size 'weeping angel' (picture on cardboard cut out)... he placed it in the hallway.  I know it is there.

I do NOT want to count how many times that it has startled me today-- every time I enter the hall...

Did I mention the 6ft tall Tardis in my living room?!

Every year DH and DD host a big fall party for dd and her friends (sometime between September and December)... this year it is this coming Saturday and we have had at least 25 RSVP-- so that mean around 30 12-14 yr old kids over Saturday for dinner and games...  The kids do a 'pot luck' and DH and I provide the 'adult supervision' and the games.  Because this year the party is in October it is a costume party... should be interesting!

We will play:

a balloon relay --run down pop a balloon by sitting on it then run back -- this same group of kids loved this game when they were 5... and they still request it at every party!  They will probably play it at their graduation party one day!

'dance off'

Howling contest (neighbors are a ways off but I'm sure they will 'love' this one!),

Strip the paper (prize wrapped in a bagillion layers of newspaper-- played like hot potato when the music stops person holding it strips off one layer-- last person to unwrap prize gets to keep it --other prizes for who had the most 'layers' without winning..

Kitty litter scoop-- washtub filled with rice cereal and tootsie rolls... each player 'scoops with one hand' person with most tootsie rolls in a scoop wins'. 

Bobbing for Marshmallows-- marshmallows tossed on plastic table cloth on floor.  Hands behind back-- person who can get the most marshmallows in their cup in 20 seconds wins.

We also stocked up on glow sticks and will end night with some glows stick/ flashlight tag.

All this and it isn't even a birthday!  3 hours-- I can survive that right? 

10 years ago DH and middle dd were the party planners... one fall party was 'Pirates' themed... the life-size cut out of Johnny Depp dressed as Captain Jack Sparrow graced our home for years and would often turn up in 'unusual' places... I can't wait to see where this angle is going to turn up... I imagaine going to the bathroom at 2am...

DONT BLINK!

Update!

I/we survived!!!

The party was soooo much fun!

Middle dd came dressed as a clown to help 'supervise' and another parent (dad) stayed as well!

27 kids total!

One spilled drink (on stained concrete floor-- DH grabbed a hand towel-- no big deal!

One boy tripped during the balloon relay and tore a hole in his tights and skinned his knee (I had first aid kit ready) --he wore tights last year too! (super hero costumes)

One girl went out of bounds durng the flashlight tag game and tripped on a cactus... some handy duct tape and she was ready to go back out (I think she had a few stubborn tiny ones she will need to soak out)-- middle DD took care of this one.

Way too much food-- they ended up making 'to go' platters to take home. 

Lots of fun!!

It was HARD getting up this morning--- but house is in pretty good shape (just a few dishes to do).

AWESOME!  I am saving your post as I am no good at games and these are great ideas.

We had a Dr Who party that was great fun last year.  We have a life size David Tennant (SO much better than a weeping angel ;) )  All the girls took turns posing for pictures with him and dressing him up with scarves and hats.  We determined based on pictures that every girl there posed kissing him *at least* once!

We did put a smaller weeping angel picture in the bathroom...which made people really nervous while they were "detained"...

We ordered ours on Amazon. 

Tardis  this is the one we have.

Weeping Angel-- this is the one we have-- DH would like to get the other 2 in the series next year...

David Tennant  - we do not have this one.. but a Mom can dream right?

We will store these in the original shipping carton and they will be good for years!

Jann