Menu

Placement Testing

TexasTrue

Hello all,

I'm teaching my 13, soon to be 14, year old daughter. The problem is she is making 100's on everything except science. In science she has around an 85 average. Is there a testing site or placement test I can give her to see if I need to boot her up to 9th grade level or more?

I went to Keystone School online and downloaded their test, but don't know if it is an appropriate test for the type of testing I need. Any ideas?

Bible

History/Geography

Physical Science

Pre-Algebra

Language Arts

Reading from many books

Spelling

Latin

Spanish

Private Guitar lessons

You typically would give placement tests for specific programs. Though if she's in Prealgebra range, not all texts have a placement test. Different programs have different scope and sequence and levels of difficulty, so you might get widely different results between Saxon, Teaching Textbooks, Singapore, and AoPS, for example.

For other things, I just add more complexity or bump up a grade level or two until I find the child working at the correct level. Content subjects such as history can be beefed up with more reading, writing, and a bit of research.

What are you using now? That might help people make some recommendations. It may be a case of changing curriculum if the old one isn't challenging in general.