Menu

Make. Her. Stop. Coughing.

plansrme

It is official: my daughter is the toughest person I know. She insisted on going to gym tonight because it is her birthday, and her little gym friends would be disappointed if she did not. I am at the gym at the end of a four-hour practice (I brought cupcakes), and she is still at it. She looks tired but is still at it.

Wow. :grouphug: & happy birthday to your dd!

Hope she's feeling much better before long!

It is official: my daughter is the toughest person I know. She insisted on going to gym tonight because it is her birthday, and her little gym friends would be disappointed if she did not. I am at the gym at the end of a four-hour practice (I brought cupcakes), and she is still at it. She looks tired but is still at it.

Honestly, I wouldn't have let my daughter go, for her sake and the others there. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Cut out dairy until the coughing is gone.

Take albuteral before bed.

Sleep reclined but not flat.

Ask about prescription cough medicine with codeine in it, stops the coughing and let's you sleep- it's a miracle elixir for the many times I've had pneumonia (asthmatic) and would cough all night long (and I've also coughed up blood several times while recovering from respiratory infection).

** wanted to add, the times I've taken the codeine cough syrup I was an adult and it was prescribed by my family dr who knew my medical history (no history of drug abuse or addictions) and I only used it once before bed. I would literally cough all night long, gagging and throwing up and crying because I was *so* tired but couldn't rest