Menu

Does anyone rent server space for Minecraft?

Forget-Me-Not

My son has been asking if we can rent some space so he can play online with a few buddies. I've looked at a few services that seem pretty reasonable (in the neighborhood of $5/mo). I'm just wondering if anyone has a service they like and can recommend? Any other advice or suggestions? My husband is fairly tech-savvy but this is new to both of us :D

My 10 year old daughter does. It's $4.95 per month for up to 10 players. She takes it out of her allowance each month. I won't allow her to play on a public server so this was how she's able to play with her cousin and friend. We use hosthorde.com. They've been absolutely fantastic! If I've had a question or didn't understand something with the server, they are very quick to walk me through whatever I need to do. I highly recommend them.

• 4 weeks later...

I forgot about this thread!  I just noticed it in my content and saw people had replied!

Forgetmenot are you asking for storage? Microsoft one drive(might need an outlook account) and Google drive are both available for free .Again you are asking about sharing data and stuff rght?

onedrive.live.com/about/en-us/

No actual server space for playing Minecraft :)

We rent space through Servercraft I think. We got it for my son for his birthday, and he loves it. I love it because it's a safe place for him to play with his cousin/siblings. I never like it when they are on public servers. I believe it is $7/month, and he can have up to 10 kids on at a time.

My 10 year old daughter does. It's $4.95 per month for up to 10 players. She takes it out of her allowance each month. I won't allow her to play on a public server so this was how she's able to play with her cousin and friend. We use hosthorde.com. They've been absolutely fantastic! If I've had a question or didn't understand something with the server, they are very quick to walk me through whatever I need to do. I highly recommend them.

Thank you both!  This is exactly what I was looking for.  I'll check them out!