Menu

Knitters, what are you working on??

Moxie

I've finally learned how to make hexipuffs (I can't link--It is a Tiny Owl Knit project in which you knit colorful hexigon-ish shapes and sew them together). It is very satisfying to have a quick project!

I'm going to get some chunky yarn and knit some boot cuffs ASAP.

I joined the OUAT Ravelry group and I'm dying to make some Mary Margret inspired hats!!

Do tell what you are working on!

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O-wool balance bulky cardigan. I hate working with yarn this thick and just frogged 6 rows so grrrr

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/splash-of-blue

I need to start working on Cold Breath by Joji. It is a big cowl neck oversized pullover with skinny arms. Mine will be dark blackish navy http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/cold-breath

Once I get the shoulders sone, this should be a fun knit!

I'm making button-puffs, similiar theory as the hexipuffs.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/button-quilt

Slowly progressing through the squares for this cabled blanket. I'm on the square for week 6.

http://www.creativebug.com/workshop/cabled-afghan-knit-along/week1

I'm also crocheting several baby blankets for friends/family due this winter.

And a Jayne Cob hat with matching mittens for one of my sons.

I've got a long project list that I need to hurry up on. LOL

I'm not on the OUAT group. Yet. I like the show so that could be fun. Off to add yet another group...

I do a Harry Potter house cup that is really fun. They make up class assignments for us to match completed projects to each month, there's house games to play in too (I'm in Hufflepuff.) It's quite fun and motivating and keeps my needles going.

I've finally learned how to make hexipuffs (I can't link--It is a Tiny Owl Knit project in which you knit colorful hexigon-ish shapes and sew them together). It is very satisfying to have a quick project!

I joined the OUAT Ravelry group and I'm dying to make some Mary Margret inspired hats!!

I will have to join that!  I didn't even know there was one!

Nothing. I'm all out of yarn. :(

Send me your address.  Wool ok?  :)  You need some baby knits! 

I am finishing an owlet sweater for my 10 yo.  I ran out of the right yarn before her bday (it was supposed to be a present), and it just got here Tuesday.  I've been busy, so it's *almost* done. My next projects are Foxy & Wolfie for my youngest dd's birthday in a couple of weeks.  And some mittens. Maybe a sweater for her, too.  I'm not sure. 

Idk if I joined the same one as you, but I joined one and wow those hats are cotton pickin stinkin CUTE!

I just finished knitting a Link (Legend of Zelda) costume for my 1-year-old grand-nephew. It got there yesterday and IT FITS!

My daughter is also going as Link this year, but I did NOT knit her costume. I am knitting gauntlets for it, though. It gets chilly around here, so warm costumes are good costumes.

I've been knitting a lot of Options Slippers lately. I'm also trying to finish a hoodie for my girl.

Also, because you guys will understand...my local knitting guild rented a bus for tomorrow. We're going on a shop hop. 12.5 hours/6 shops/3 states. :o

*swoon*

I wanted to do the Kansas Yarn Hop next week, but I can't afford it. And if I spent money to go, that's money I wouldn't have for yarn and stuff. It sounds so fun tho. You'll have to share your yarn haul when you get back home so we can all bask in the yarniness with you. :)

I have been chugging my way through a Starmore Aran sweater for my younger son. I am going to get it done by his birthday in January come hell or high water! I've got the back done and am at least halfway through the front. I am going to knit both sleeves at the same time.

It is this one, if you are interested:

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/killeany

I am loving this knit! After I am done I am taking a short break to make hats and mittens, and then I am making another one from the same book.

I think hexipuffs are so fun! Have you seen the blankets made out of them?

I am sad and embarrassed to report that I have yet to finish the second sock from a pair I started in April!  This from the girl who had formerly upped her production to a sock a month.  Sigh.  At least I have turned the heel and am done with the decreases. Perhaps I should give myself some deadlines since I really knit need to knit some mittens and fingerless gloves for Christmas gifts.

Lovely stuff being made!  Thanks for sharing links.

I am sad and embarrassed to report that I have yet to finish the second sock from a pair I started in April! This from the girl who had formerly upped her production to a sock a month. Sigh. At least I have turned the heel and am done with the decreases. Perhaps I should give myself some deadlines since I really knit need to knit some mittens and fingerless gloves for Christmas gifts.

Lovely stuff being made! Thanks for sharing links.

Second Sock/Mitten Syndrome is a legitimate and well documented condition that many share with you. :)

Just finished my first project!  Wool longies for my 17 month old.  I used this pattern: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/itchy-fingers-longies-pattern.  I took a class at a really cool little yarn shop in Montana this summer and left there able to cast on, knit, purl, and do garter, stockinette, and 2X2 rib on single point needles.  To complete this project I taught myself how to make a gauge swatch, knit in the round on circular and double points, do short rows, the kitchener stitch, change yarn, increase to make a gusset, seed stitch and bind off in pattern.  I am pleased with how they turned out, especially since they FIT! 

P1070743.jpg

P1070751.jpg

P1070754.jpg

Oh my goodness, what am I NOT knitting?!!

I've had a major case of startitis over the summer so I have two cardigans, three pairs of socks, one shawl, and two blankets going. I actually cast on for another cardigan last night.  I did finish 4 pairs of socks, one sweater, a sleeveless top for my 7yo, and a baby blanket this summer so I'm not a complete slacker. ;)

Love hearing of everyone's projects and looking through the links!

Here's the Link costume. I was inspired by on on Ravelry, but had to make it bigger. I used a different pattern for the pants & hat and just winged it on the sweater except for the flare on the bottom. That's from the original pattern.

15534873236_bb177e0dc7.jpg

That. Is. Fabulous. Really.

Are they easy? I have that pattern and the yarn but I don't have much spare brain power right now. Could I pick it up easily and use it as a relaxing, mindless knit?

Are they easy? I have that pattern and the yarn but I don't have much spare brain power right now. Could I pick it up easily and use it as a relaxing, mindless knit?

I am a very new knitter. As in, I've only ever made things that are rectangles. So, I had to learn how to increase and decrease. They aren't mindless for me yet but they easily could be!

Oh, I wish I knew how to knit!  Maybe someday....

In the meantime, I am teaching myself how to crochet.  I saw a tutorial for a sashay ruffle scarf and it looked easy enough for a child to do, so I figured I'd give it a shot.

I've now made 3 scarves - one adult size in eggplant and metallic gold, a child and matching doll scarf in peacock-y colors, and I'm working on my 3rd skein in 24 hours.  This one is a pretty turquoise.  I figure I can give them to all my female family members for Christmas.  I'm feeling like the time (hours) I have spent watching Gilmore Girls is redeemed since I'm doing something with my hands at the same time!

As soon as I finish the scarves, I see an afghan in the future...

Lana

This sweater for my soon-to-be six-year-old: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/renaissance-man-tunic. I'm using Wool of the Andes's Winter Night, which is a dark blue similar to the picture. Big brother already has the chain mail and Robin Hood sweaters.

Then I want to knit some Christmas decorations. I have dreams of a knitted Advent calendar, one little ornament to uncover and hang each day.

I finished a baby blanket Thursday night while watching my St. Louis Cardinals lose to the Giants. I'll have to look at it closely in good lighting to see if the last few inches are knitted a whole lot tighter because I was stressing big time. :crying:

Now I need to cast on something new and I kept myself awake last night trying to figure out what I wanted to knit next. Most of my knitting is for charity projects or gifts because I like to knit baby blankets and hats and we don't need them around here. I want to knit baby blankets for the Pine Ridge Reservation OB ward, and I have some brownish variegated yarn I thought I'd strand with some cream yarn...but when I tried that last night it just looked icky. So, back to the drawing board. Maybe it's time to try making a sweater...I've never done that.

BTW, I use the same username on Ravelry, if you're there feel free to friend me. I don't have very many projects listed, but I am trying to get in the habit of putting my new projects on there as soon as I start.

I will have to join that!  I didn't even know there was one!

Send me your address.  Wool ok?   :)  You need some baby knits! 

I am finishing an owlet sweater for my 10 yo.  I ran out of the right yarn before her bday (it was supposed to be a present), and it just got here Tuesday.  I've been busy, so it's *almost* done. My next projects are Foxy & Wolfie for my youngest dd's birthday in a couple of weeks.  And some mittens. Maybe a sweater for her, too.  I'm not sure. 

You're too kind. Thank you. 

Baby knits are all finished. I started early :)