Menu

God laughing at me again.

Murphy101

Hmm, sounds like your dh needs to make a list of names he is willing to consider :)

Are these rules hard and fast? The "not taken by a family member" would make things particularly hard for me--we have lots of family members! Two of my kids share first names with cousins, and all have family names as middle names.

The not naming after other people we know, especially family, is a hard and fast absolute rule.

The boy name we have picked out isn't biblical, so that's a major first departure from that rule. But it is a saint name.

The girls have to be saint names.

And not the same first letter of any other person in our house is a hard and fast rule too.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a boy name already picked out, which has NEVER EVER happened this early.

So dh says it stand to reason we'll have twin girls. ;p

Ha! I just came looking for this thread to tell you what has been bugging me all day. It is the unevenness. I loved Martha with ten children. Such a nice even number. So you know what that means right? You must have twins to make my universe right again.

Girl twins sounds good.

The not naming after other people we know, especially family, is a hard and fast absolute rule.

The boy name we have picked out isn't biblical, so that's a major first departure from that rule. But it is a saint name.

The girls have to be saint names.

And not the same first letter of any other person in our house is a hard and fast rule too.

You know there are only 26 letters in the English alphabet right? ;)

Congratulations! What wonderful news!

Well, I wanted to rate this five stars, but as I was punching around (I've never rated before) somehow it hit 4 stars.

Yeah I have done this before....I thought I had to hit each star....so I gave a thread one star by mistake. Hopefully only did that one time.

Someone with an ip out of Chicago followed from this thread to my blog and left these messages.

You are a blight upon this planet commented on FYI

Instead of whelping more kids, perhaps you put more effort into properly providing for the ones you already have?"

And

You are a blight upon this planet commented on It's Official

Nice fake diplomas. I can only imagine the drivel your ignorant ass spewed into their minds.

Sad. Really really sad for them.

ETA: Yes, the comments were deleted without reply and I have reported the IP and taken steps to protect my blog from a known hacker. I have no idea how to report the IP to WTM or if that's even an option.

ETA: Yes, the comments were deleted without reply and I have reported the IP and taken steps to protect my blog from a known hacker. I have no idea how to report the IP to WTM or if that's even an option.

Definitely send the IP address to the moderator account. What a terrible person.

When Mrs. Mungo mentioned the one star rating, I immediately thought it must be someone who thinks the world is overpopulated.

Perhaps the same person who left those comments on your blog. Glad you reported them. I would also report the IP to the moderators here. They will likely let you know if it's helpful or if they need other info.

Shocking. I am sorry.

Ugh. Makes me very curious who that person is.

Not me. I have no desire to know yet another hate-filled person.

But it's great encouragement for having more children, yes? I mean, compared to this one hate-filled individual, I have somehow miraculously managed to bring 10 kind, hard-working, generous, wonderful people into the world. After all, the only way we can make the world a kinder place is to fill it with kinder people and that's obviously no easy task in a bitter hard-hearted world.

But it's great encouragement for having more children, yes? I mean, compared to this one hate-filled individual, I have somehow miraculously managed to bring 10 kind, hard-working, generous, wonderful people into the world. After all, the only way we can make the world a kinder place is to fill it with kinder people and that's obviously no easy task in a bitter hard-hearted world.

Absolutely!

It is hard for me to imagine the cold, lonely heart of a person who cannot rejoice in the birth of a baby into a loving home.

Ha! Naming this kid will be no cake walk woman!

First name cannot begin with A thru E, or J, K, L, P, or T.

None of the name can be after anyone we know, dead or alive.

Girls are saint names.

Boys are biblical names. The name we currently have picked for a boy would NOT be biblical, but geez, that's a very short list at this point.

Marguerite

St. Marguerite D'Youville

Exciting news!

I am so sorry you had to deal with such nasty comments during a truly happy time for your family (or any time!). After reading them, I can only hope it was a troll and not a hive member as I truly hope that person is not homeschooling their own children! The rhetoric and sentiment is bad enough, but poor language and sentence structure as well? Shameful!

It must definitely be time to reactivate the star patrol as well!

Someone with an ip out of Chicago followed from this thread to my blog and left these messages.

And

:grouphug:

I'm so sorry, Martha. It reminds me of that article that said Internet trolls are narcissists, psychopaths, and sadists.

Whoever left those messages is a horrible "person." The fact that she read about it here, then followed your blog link makes me sick. I hope it was one of the many anonymous guests and not a member.

Marguerite

St. Marguerite D'Youville

Nope. He doesn't like marguerite either. Says it sounds french. Not that he has anything against the french. But we aren't french. I argue we are mutts, there's some French in there somewhere I'm sure. Dh has the nerve to roll his eyes at ME, like I'm the unreasonable one.

Nope. He doesn't like marguerite either. Says it sounds french. Not that he has anything against the french. But we aren't french. I argue we are mutts, there's some French in there somewhere I'm sure. Dh has the nerve to roll his eyes at ME, like I'm the unreasonable one.

:lol:

It is a family name here, but not from the French-Canadian side, from the Polish side.

Well, I love Margaret, too, and any combo of Maragret Mary.

Good luck!

Simon (boy), Simone (girl), Noelle (girl)

Let me just say that I'm so glad you are having more kids!   I'm always happy to see wonderful people produce wonderful kids :)

Someone is apparently a bitter, no fun, very sad person...what a pitiful way to live.  Truly, I feel pity for that person - must be a miserable existence.

Oh good grief, seriously nuts. I didn't even know we could rate profiles.

And why should we care? I never participate in the star thingy. I just swoop into a thread, leave my 5 cents and move on. Well, sometimes I go back and read more but I never notice the stars.  :)

And

That is absolutely ridiculous.  Internet trolls really need to get a life.  I'm sorry they did that. :(

Exactly.  Congratulations!!  Every time I got rid of my baby stuff I ended up pregnant.  :lol:  Well, except this last time.  *sniff*

Simon (boy), Simone (girl), Noelle (girl)

Let me just say that I'm so glad you are having more kids! I'm always happy to see wonderful people produce wonderful kids :)

Someone is apparently a bitter, no fun, very sad person...what a pitiful way to live. Truly, I feel pity for that person - must be a miserable existence.

No to Simon/e and Noelle is taken as a middle name.

And thank you!

I'm sorry about the troll. What a jerk. :grouphug:

Dh would like me to submit Babyman's middle name as a biblical boy name - Erasmus. He really has a thing for that name. Sigh.

Ohhh. I love the name Erasmus. But dh said No. And we have an E name.

Martha, I am so sorry about that troll. The world needs your kids and the country I guess you live in (United States?) does not have an overpopulation problem.

Please don't think that all of us who only got to have a few kids think that way.

Please have dh submit a list of acceptable names (should be short ;) ), and the Hive will vote one (or two!) in.  It will be such fun.  :D

How about Molly? Molly Elizabeth is a lovely name.

There is no saint named Molly.

Molly was long considered a nickname for Mary but now has become a stand alone name.

(It used to be in canon code that pastors ensure a child was baptised with a Christian name. Then canon code became that the name NOT be foreign to Christian sentiment. This is off the top of my head so some other Catholic person correct me if I am wrong)

Martha, I am so sorry about that troll. The world needs your kids and the country I guess you live in (United States?) does not have an overpopulation problem.

Please don't think that all of us who only got to have a few kids think that way.

I am beyond certain that most people, regardless of their own family size, do not think that way at all. :)

How about Molly? Molly Elizabeth is a lovely name.

I really like Molly, but alas, not a saint, tho it is a derivitive of Mary.

There is no saint named Molly.

Molly was long considered a nickname for Mary but now has become a stand alone name.

(It used to be in canon code that pastors ensure a child was baptised with a Christian name. Then canon code became that the name NOT be foreign to Christian sentiment. This is off the top of my head so some other Catholic person correct me if I am wrong)

It is not supposed to be a name sentimental to another religion. So, as a Catholic, if I were to name my kid something like Zeus or Ganesha, the priest would rightly question whether I plan to fulfill the baptismal promises of raising them in the faith and if he felt I wouldn't, he would have a valid claim to refuse baptism. Not because of the name itself, but because of what naming a catholic child like that might indicate. Does that make sense?

However, many people enter the church after being named and this is one of many reasons we have confirmation names as well. Many saints completely changed their name to their confirmation name upon conversion.

Congratulations!! Nothing better than bringing a sweet baby home to not only mom and dad that are super excited, but exponential love from sisters and brothers. I don't think folks can understand that having more children doesn't divide the love, it multiplies it. (Done well; it's a hard task that clearly many would not choose.)

Families the size of yours always made me feel like a small family. :D  

Lisa

Yes my Great Aunt Molly was actually a Molly Elizabeth. So is Mary Elizabeth possible?

No bc both are such common names, we'd just have to nickname her anyways and neither of us likes the nicknames bc they are also so common. And a grandmother shares the name.

Names my dh says he doesn't hate:

Wyllow (It's actually a boy saint name.)

Isadora

Isabel

Sophia (middle only bc it's way too common a first name)

Helen (me - so-so)

Olivia (me- meh. Olive - food. If I'm going to name her after fruit/food, how about Chardonay? Alas, that's not a saint.)

Yvette (me - no. Maybe a middle name.)

Margo (middle)

Dh likes Wyllow Isadora or Isabel Margo.

Neither feel like The Name to me. Wyllow Is okay, but I don't think anyone would ever in her life spell her name correct if we stuck with the saint spelling. It's already like that for her last name, so I guess one could take the perspective she'll be used to it anyways.

Names my dh says he doesn't hate:

Wyllow (It's actually a boy saint name.)

Isadora

Isabel

Sophia (middle only bc it's way too common a first name)

Helen (me - so-so)

Olivia (me- meh. Olive - food. If I'm going to name her after fruit/food, how about Chardonay? Alas, that's not a saint.)

Yvette (me - no. Maybe a middle name.)

Margo (middle)

Dh likes Wyllow Isadora or Isabel Margo.

Neither feel like The Name to me. Wyllow Is okay, but I don't think anyone would ever in her life spell her name correct if we stuck with the saint spelling. It's already like that for her last name, so I guess one could take the perspective she'll be used to it anyways.

Congratulations!!  I was actually thinking Isabel Rose would fit the guidelines (Saint Rose of Lima).  At least it is on the short list of names he likes.  Naming gets harder and harder for us.  With only one girl out of 8, I'm sure the next girl will be a lot simpler than the next boy.  We've already used all the names we like.